cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Amazon Business Cards – Full Details.

tag
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime American Express Business Credit Card

@Anonymous wrote:
Yep saw it on Amex’s website. Looks tempting as I only really shop at Amazon for business items, zero personal.

Me too. But, I'm trying to be good and garden until April or May of next year. Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha!  I should probably garden as well, but my FICO scores are all doing fine (750s-780s) and those SUB offerings are just too good.

$125 off at Amazon isn't too shabby, either.  I wouldn't use the 0% offer and the 5% is no different than my Sync store card or Chase prime card, but not reporting usage means more float!  I can put as much as $5,000-$10,000 at a time on an Amazon purchase, so being able to float that for the full cycle means a few more dollars from high interest savings yield!

I'll wait for now, just got the Amex SimplyPlus card so maybe I'll snag this in February or March.

Message 12 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who do they pull?  Is the underwriting 100% AMEX or is Amazon lowering the standards?

Message 13 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Who do they pull?  Is the underwriting 100% AMEX or is Amazon lowering the standards?

These cards are issued directly Amex's Centurion Bank.  Therefore, the u/w will by Amex (they're not that hard anyways)and will undoubtedly pull EX

Message 14 of 43
Coolermaster007
Contributor

I was just approved with all my reports frozen. I can’t even remember last time i got an HP from Amex.Anyway $125 Gift card was loaded to my personal account.
Message 15 of 43
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Have the Chase card although would be nice to carry without reporting I will hold off especially since it applies to only business purchaes?  Would I have to update my personal Amazon acct to business If I was to go for it(would love to free up a Chase spot although no real spots with chase or reduce my exposure with them)?  Although I am at 5 revolvers with Amex already 4 business and 1 personal if I can squeeze one more SPG or Delta revolver out of them I think would be a better use of a "possible" last spot.  Although might be maxed at 5 already with 70k+ CL's.   Although AMEX doesn't have a hard limit it is kinda know to be 5  or possibly 6 with some.  Wish it was like citi and could have say 9 cards if so desire and split CL how I see fit as no HP for exisiting Amex holders along with no AAoA ding since business it is a win-win if you have spots open and dont need any or want any other Amex cards for bonuses.

Message 16 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Have the Chase card although would be nice to carry without reporting I will hold off especially since it applies to only business purchaes?  Would I have to update my personal Amazon acct to business If I was to go for it(would love to free up a Chase spot although no real spots with chase or reduce my exposure with them)?  Although I am at 5 revolvers with Amex already 4 business and 1 personal if I can squeeze one more SPG or Delta revolver out of them I think would be a better use of a "possible" last spot.  Although might be maxed at 5 already with 70k+ CL's.   Although AMEX doesn't have a hard limit it is kinda know to be 5  or possibly 6 with some.  Wish it was like citi and could have say 9 cards if so desire and split CL how I see fit as no HP for exisiting Amex holders along with no AAoA ding since business it is a win-win if you have spots open and dont need any or want any other Amex cards for bonuses.

I'm  99% sure that you would not have to change your Amazon account to a business one to get the card.  Both are available for application on the main Amex site and I don't see any restriction.  The only difference is whether you are a Prime Member or not.

Message 17 of 43
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I'm  99% sure that you would not have to change your Amazon account to a business one to get the card.  Both are available for application on the main Amex site and I don't see any restriction.  The only difference is whether you are a Prime Member or not.

Prime member the question is would i get 5% back on non-business account.. Devil is in the details and wording.   $125 free would be nice, but as stated at 5 revolvers would be pushing it with 6 and either would want the delta business platinum or reserve or the SPG personal as worth more than the $125 by far.. Just be nice to ditch a chase card and have another hidden TL, but feel like I am pushing my luck with Amex already..  Be curious about this though it recognized me and offered me the $125 credit upon approval when clicked on application

Message 18 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Prime member the question is would i get 5% back on non-business account.. Devil is in the details and wording.   $125 free would be nice, but as stated at 5 revolvers would be pushing it with 6 and either would want the delta business platinum or reserve or the SPG personal as worth more than the $125 by far.. Just be nice to ditch a chase card and have another hidden TL, but feel like I am pushing my luck with Amex already..  Be curious about this though it recognized me and offered me the $125 credit upon approval when clicked on application

Yes you'll get the 5% on a non business account.  I'm in the same boat with Amex, 5 revolvers and not sure they'll give me a 6th.  Ibuy a lot on Amazon and my only 5% option there is the store card.

Message 19 of 43
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Yes you'll get the 5% on a non business account.  I'm in the same boat with Amex, 5 revolvers and not sure they'll give me a 6th.  Ibuy a lot on Amazon and my only 5% option there is the store card.

Applied was told to call..  Reason was 5 revolvers they said the executive team would look, but they might ask you to cancel since you have 5 revolvers.  I just asked her to withdrawl my application as most likely i would of had to cancel one of my other cards which i didnt want to do at this time and proved my theory at least for me.. Sure if you have 1-5k cards then maybe you can get 6 cards or are really high net worth.. With me being at 70k+ exposure and a modest 6 figure income I didn't see anything positive coming from it so withdrrew my request during the call and she was happy to do so.  All CRA's were iced so certainly no HP as expected so no harm and no foul for me trying it was simply i had their card limit for my profile and didn't want to be under a microscope or what she eluded to on me closing one of my revolvers which i wasn't willing to do for this card.  I will probably close my worthless ED card even though back dated to 1990 as I never use it, but it will be for something with more than a 125 Amazon credit Smiley Tongue

Ref: 123455432112345USD

Dear CreditCursioty

We're confirming we've cancelled your application for the Amazon Business Prime American Express Card as you requested.

If you decide you'd like to apply for a Card with us in the future, you can learn more about all of our Cards at americanexpress.com.

Thank you for your Card Membership.

Sincerely,

American Express Customer Care

We've provided an important notice belo

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.