Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Business Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Business Card

I applied for Amex Business Gold Rewards early this month and got denied for high utilization and too many inquiries. I applied for Amex Simply Cash on the 11th and was automatically denied because it is against their policy to extend credit to someone who had recently applied and got rejected by them. 

I would like to get in with Amex. I don't have any of their personal cards yet. What would be a good score to aim for before I reapply for Amex Business again? I have 638 EQ, 655 TU, 610 EX.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Business Card

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for Amex Business Gold Rewards early this month and got denied for high utilization and too many inquiries. I applied for Amex Simply Cash on the 11th and was automatically denied because it is against their policy to extend credit to someone who had recently applied and got rejected by them. 

I would like to get in with Amex. I don't have any of their personal cards yet. What would be a good score to aim for before I reapply for Amex Business again? I have 638 EQ, 655 TU, 610 EX.

Sorry for the denial.. Get your EX score to at lest 650 to low 700s and you should be fine.  Beware scores alone are not enough..  A somewhat clean file is also needed...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.