Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Centurion Business (Black) Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Centurion Business (Black) Card

I recently inquired with Amex about an invitation to apply for the American Express Centurion Business (Black) Card. I currently have the American Express Business Platinum and 6 other Amex cards with a yearly spend over $1 Million. I have read a lot of differing requirements.  If anyone has asked for an invitation and been approved, please share your experience with the approval process and any requirements.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: American Express Centurion Business (Black) Card

Definitely curious to hear how this pans out as to a response from Amex.  From my simple reading about that card in the past, business spend should be 500k+ yearly across your cards which obviously you already double currently.   That would definitely be a huge perk card with that kind of spend and I'm shocked there wasn't already an invitation honestly. Unfortunately I do not have experience to give any life changing data points, yet. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was not the first time that I have asked, but this time when I called customer service they let me speak to someone from Centurion customer service who told me that he would put me on a list and if I qualified that they would reach out the next time that they are sending out applications. I know that it's by invitation only but a couple people that I have talked to called to ask to be invited and one or two were invited to apply. I'll be sure and post the outcome if I get an application. 

Message 3 of 11
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Without any further experience of course, I see 2 positive signs already:  

1.  They had no issue allowing you to speak to the almighty CSR of the Centurion team (If there is a separation in that regard) and

2.  Stated if qualified, you'll be added to the list. 

Obviously you qualify from the math, so I'd predict it's just a matter of time before you get a 'hopefully' early Xmas gift.  Again, curious to hear how this pans out to understand the process more.

Message 4 of 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Will PM OP link to FT thread (2018 Has anyone actually received...).

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contacted Amex about a year ago, spoke to Centurion CS rep.  Got the invite in August and received the card a couple days later.

Message 6 of 11
heychrisbaker
New Contributor

What did you say to the centurion rep?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Told them that I would be interested in Centurion when they did the next round of invites.  

Message 8 of 11
heychrisbaker
New Contributor

Thank you.  I will tell them the same.  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully will get my invite soon as well. Congrats on yours! 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.