Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express conditional approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express conditional approval

I recently applied for an American Express business gold and it says in an email that I was conditionally approved, but they need more information on the business owners that own 25% or more to finish processing the application. So I called and told them all the info they needed to verify. Then they came back and said that the application is now pending, they need 24-48 hours to finish verifying all the info. Does this mean I'm going to be denied?  

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: American Express conditional approval

Hi @Anonymous - welcome to the Business Credit section of the forums.

Yes, in some cases applications can go into further review by the backend team.  Nothing that can be done to expedite the process, unfortunately.  The one time I received a similar message, it took a full week for the review.  Eventually, you'll get an email communication when it's done or in the event they need additional information.

Do you currently have any other AmEx cards - personal and/or business?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have other Amex cards. This is my first charge card. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

But if they say conditionally approved I should be approved right? 

Message 4 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

But if they say conditionally approved I should be approved right? 

It depends.  If for any reason the conditions are along the lines of business verification, sure.  However, in some instances they can also request a consent to the infamous 4506-C form for POI/IV or other information.  I would just wait and let it play out.

Keep an eye on anything via email or you can periodically check the online application status for any updates on your application.

Message 5 of 7
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous Wishing you success with your AmEx Business Gold application -and- that you receive an approval E-mail.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 6 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Good Luck on your conditional AE approval!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.