cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex $34,5K Limit: Personal & Business Credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex $34,5K Limit: Personal & Business Credit?

I've read that Amex caps its extended credit limit at 34.5K across mixed accounts, but I didn't know if this was in relationship to just personal accounts or personal and business accounts that are personally gaurunteed. Could someone clarify?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex $34,5K Limit: Personal & Business Credit?

@Anonymous wrote:

I've read that Amex caps its extended credit limit at 34.5K across mixed accounts, but I didn't know if this was in relationship to just personal accounts or personal and business accounts that are personally gaurunteed. Could someone clarify?

Just slap the person that said such a thing!

Amex can easily issue multiple hundred thousands of dollars in revolving credit line not mention millions on charge cards.

The big question is how high can you go without providing any documentation but even Amex has made this easier in the last year because a screen pops up when you request the credit line increase if they want some income verification, you can just click cancel and go back and ask for a lesser amount until you hit the number that goes through without verification.

AND just because you get income verification on requesting to go to $50k today, doesn't mean in 6 months with more spending and more history, the computer won't allow you to go to $75k or more without verification next time!

Message 2 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex can easily issue multiple hundred thousands of dollars in revolving credit line not mention millions on charge cards.

The big question is how high can you go without providing any documentation but even Amex has made this easier in the last year because a screen pops up when you request the credit line increase if they want some income verification, you can just click cancel and go back and ask for a lesser amount until you hit the number that goes through without verification.

AND just because you get income verification on requesting to go to $50k today, doesn't mean in 6 months with more spending and more history, the computer won't allow you to go to $75k or more without verification next time!

@Creditaddict, LOLOL! 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I took the hint, apped for the Plum card, and was approved. I checked the spending power button at $20K and it came back happy. I could try higher but there's no real point... I don't want to get FR out of the gate.

Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Plum is a charge card and doesn’t even count towards the credit lines you are speaking of
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
Plum is a charge card and doesn’t even count towards the credit lines you are speaking of

Lol. I know. But you did mention charge cards. Anyways I just apped the SimplyCash Plus Card too and got a $2K limit. It's something. Any advice on how to garden it like crazy?

Message 6 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Spend in it like crazy
Message 7 of 10
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Bahahahaha

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Lol. I know. But you did mention charge cards. Anyways I just apped the SimplyCash Plus Card too and got a $2K limit. It's something. Any advice on how to garden it like crazy?

The CL for the SimplyCash is extremely flexible - pretty similar to my BBP.

Currently, I'm able to spend 7x over my CL without paying an overlimit fee but the amount above my CL is due in full each month as part of my min payment due.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is totally false.

I have unlimited spend on my Amex Charge Cards and over $150K on my Amex Credit Cards

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.