Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BBP Decline, Recon Pending.

tag
tparks5961
Regular Contributor

Amex BBP Decline, Recon Pending.

I want to first say that you guys have seen me more often in the forums and that my situation is very unique.  I've missed out on a lot of credit card opportunities as I never saw the need for them and paid cash for everything. Needless to say, now that I have decent fico scores, I'm making up for lost time.. I wouldn't suggest that many people follow my credit seeking adventures as my shenanigans may result in Adverse action. 

That being said, I put in an application 2/12 for the Blue Business plus and the application was declined.  

*Too many inquiries 12 months

*Loan balance

*I forgot the last reason

I called the recon line and asked them to review my application. I told the agent that  I was interested in a card with a predetermined limit since my charge card was shut down 2 times in January. He informed me it may result in a hard pull..  I havent had any @ experian for 4 months so I told him to go for it. I'll have a respnse in 3-5 day.

No hard pull.. I called back the next day and actually spoke with the same agent.  He was reading the notes on my account.. which im sure he wasnt supposed to do.. and he said the account was recommended for an approval.  He said that's a pretty positive sign. 

So I think I may have successfully reconned my first declined applcation. I'll keep you all posted.

Last Inquiry 12/23/2022 Ally Bank Mortgage
Fico Score Progression: 10/1/2018 EQ 530 TU 535 EX 540 | 1/10/2023 EQ 785 TU 789 EX 787
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex BBP Decline, Recon Pending.

Good luck on your application!

Message 2 of 4
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Good Luck OP !

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck on your application! 🤞

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.