Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Biz Gold - Delta status upgrade offer

tag
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Amex Biz Gold - Delta status upgrade offer

Interesting Delta status upgrade offer I received via email from Amex Biz Gold. As I don't have *any* airline status it won't do me much good, but for the @K-in-Boston 's out there, it may be of some value. thumbsup.gif

Amex biz gold Delta offer.png

The small print...

Your account information is included above to help verify American Express as the sender of this email. Learn about email security or report suspicious email at americanexpress.com/phishing. Please do not reply to this email as we do not accept messages to this email address. If you need to contact us, you may do so via Customer Care.

iOS and Android only. See app store listings for operating system info. Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.

Terms and Conditions

¹ Eligibility: This is a private, non-transferable offer, only intended for the eligible recipient who receives this offer directly from American Express by email, at an email address owned by the recipient. Submission of this same email address will be required to access the registration portal. You must be a SkyMiles Member to activate this offer. Joining SkyMiles is free and there is a link to sign up on the offer website. SkyMiles Members must first submit their information online for participation in the offer by August 15, 2022 (ending 11:59:59 PM, U.S. PST on 8/15/2022). Promotional registration is required before complimentary Medallion Status will be rewarded. As part of the registration process, Members must have and upload proof of current, elite status with a qualifying airline that was earned through that airline’s published requirements (complimentary status or status earned through a promotion does not qualify). Qualifying airlines include Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, jetBlue, United Airlines and Southwest Airlines. In order to successfully enroll in the promotion you need to provide a legible copy of your current elite credential or membership card (digital or physical) with your name on it and a current statement from another airline showing your earned elite status and activity with that airline program. If you are uploading a digital credential, a photo or screenshot of the credential will work if your name is legible.

Qualifying Activity: Offer valid for travel starting on March 1, 2022 and completed on or before August 31, 2022. Flights booked prior to enrollment and flown after March 1, 2022 and on or before August 31, 2022 will be included. Elevated Matched Status will expire on August 31, 2022, unless Extended Medallion Status is awarded through the promotion (see additional details regarding Extended Medallion Status in the Medallion® Status Offer section below). Your Delta Medallion Status will return to the Status you qualified for during the applicable Medallion year based on eligible Delta flight activity and spend once your complimentary Medallion Status ends. All eligible flight activity and spend during the promotion will be subject to the standard Delta Medallion Program Terms for the 2023 Medallion year. Medallion Status must be earned in subsequent years by traveling the required amount of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQS) and Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) on qualifying flights. For full details please visit delta.com/us/en/skymiles/medallion-program/how-to-qualify.

You may enjoy Medallion benefits on all Delta or Delta Connection flights regardless of ticketing source, however only Qualifying Activity will be considered for qualification. Flights that are marketed (flight number starts with ‘DL’) or operated by Delta and Delta Connection, including flights purchased with Delta eCredits, will count towards the offer. Flights that are both marketed and operated by SkyMiles Partner Airlines, Award Tickets, Basic Economy/E fare class, and promotional (including complimentary, barter, or opaque) tickets do not qualify for this offer and will not count toward this offer. For a full list of the terms and conditions associated with Medallion benefits, please visit delta.com/medallionterms.

Medallion® Status Offer: If you meet the criteria to participate by providing valid elite status credentials from a qualifying airline on the enrollment form, you will receive: complimentary Status that is one Tier higher than Delta’s standard Status Match through August 31, 2022. The complimentary Medallion Status is effective the day following your approval via e-mail from Delta.

To extend Medallion Status through the 2022 Medallion Year, ending on January 31, 2023, members must complete the qualifying activities described below to gain Extended Medallion Status. Extended Medallion Status is effective the day following the completion of qualifying flight activity.

Members with Alaska Airlines MVP, American Airlines Gold, Southwest Airlines A-list or United Airlines Premier Silver who also submit qualifying credentials will receive complimentary Gold Medallion Status through August 31, 2022. These Members may extend their Gold Medallion Status through the 2022 Medallion Year, ending on January 31, 2023, upon earning 18,000 MQMs or 12 MQS on or before August 31, 2022.

Members with Alaska Airlines MVP Gold, American Airlines Platinum, jetBlue Mosaic, Southwest Airlines A-List Preferred or United Airlines Premier Gold who also submit qualifying credentials will receive complimentary Platinum Medallion Status through August 31, 2022. These Members may extend their Platinum Medallion Status through the 2022 Medallion Year, ending on January 31, 2023, upon earning 28,000 MQMs or 22 MQS on or before August 31, 2022. If a Member only earns 18,000 MQMs or 12 MQS before August 31, 2022, they will earn Gold Medallion Status through the 2022 Medallion Year.

Members with Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K, American Airlines Executive Platinum, American Airlines Platinum Pro, American Airlines Concierge Key, United Airlines Premier Platinum, United Airlines Premier 1K or United Airlines Global Services who also submit qualifying credentials will receive complimentary Diamond Medallion Status through August 31, 2022. These Members may extend their Diamond Medallion Status through the 2022 Medallion Year, ending on January 31, 2023, upon earning 50,000 MQMs or 55 MQS on or before August 31, 2022. If a Member only earns 18,000 MQMs or 12 MQS before August 31, 2022, they will earn Gold Medallion Status through the 2022 Medallion Year. If a Member only earns 28,000 MQMs or 22 MQS before August 31, 2022, they will earn Platinum Medallion Status through the 2022 Medallion Year.

Diamond and Platinum Medallion Choice Benefit selection(s) will not be available during the complimentary Medallion Status period. Only Members that earn extended Diamond or Platinum Medallion Status through qualifying activity will be able to select Choice Benefit(s).

Medallion bag tags will not be provided during the complimentary Medallion Status period. Only Members that earn extended Gold, Platinum or Diamond Medallion Status through qualifying activity will receive bag tags within 6 to 8 weeks of qualifying.

Travel Period: All travel must be completed on or before August 31, 2022.

Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades & Confirmed and Standby Fee Waivers: Basic Economy (E) fares are not eligible for: paid or complimentary upgrades; paid, complimentary or discounted Delta Comfort+, paid or complimentary Preferred Seats; and are not eligible to make same-day confirmed or same-day standby travel changes, regardless of Medallion or other elite status.

Waived Baggage Fees: Excess, oversize, and/or overweight baggage fees may apply. The benefit applies to up to 8 travel companions on a Medallion member's reservation, for a total of 9 passengers.

Delta Sky Priority®: Access to and use of Delta Sky Priority® benefits are reserved for Delta One, First and Business Class passengers, Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Medallion members, and SkyTeam Elite Plus members on Delta and Delta Connection® flights. All Delta Sky Priority® rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/skypriority.

SkyMiles: All SkyMiles Program rules apply to SkyMiles Program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption, and travel benefits. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. For a full list of the terms and conditions associated with the benefits mentioned, please visit delta.com/medallionterms. Upgrades are subject to limited availability and may not be available on all flights.

Miscellaneous: Only eligible Members who received this offer directly from American Express by email and submit valid credentials proving current, elite status with a qualifying airline will be allowed to participate in this promotion. Current elite status credentials will be reviewed usually within 7 business days but may take up to 14 business days. Member will be contacted directly once credentials have been approved or denied. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Offers and benefits are subject to change without notice. This offer cannot be combined with other Delta/SkyTeam offers. All Delta SkyMiles Program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex Biz Gold - Delta status upgrade offer

Wow.  That is a crazy generous offer.  Value for me is negative since I get to battle with those a tier lower* and completely lose out to those with similar status on other airlines for the next 6 months on upgrades.  😂  (Already lower on the rung than Diamond Medallions who may not have flown since 2019.  Not bitter.  LOL)

*Assuming those in a status match state will clear upgrades at the same priority level as those who earned status.  Starting last month, for the 2022 Medallion year, those of us who earned it rather than having it extended clear upgrades at a higher priority than those at our same Medallion level.

Again a very generous offer for those who get it.  Delta won me over gifting me temporary Gold status (and free socks, let's not forget how important socks are in the credit world) when they made BOS a focus city (and later a real all grown up hub).  Not that I want the competition, but isn't Chase still offering some crazy Southwest SUB with A-List status?

Message 2 of 15
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I got this in my inbox yesterday as well. Think I'll give it a try since I'm flying Delta later this month to Sint Maarten.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 15
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Approval can take up to 14 business days. If it does, I will miss the window.

Message 4 of 15
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Fingers crossed for you.  Amex turnaround time is usually much faster than written for everything else.  Judging from your card lineup, are you matching (or matching +1 as it is) from SWA?  Also did you get that for another Amex card?

Message 5 of 15
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Fingers crossed for you.  Amex turnaround time is usually much faster than written for everything else.  Judging from your card lineup, are you matching (or matching +1 as it is) from SWA?  Also did you get that for another Amex card?

I hope so too. Yes, I am A-List with SWA. Not sure what that might equate to with Delta, but I'll take an upgrade or free bags or whatever.

Message 6 of 15
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Junejer wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I hope so too. Yes, I am A-List with SWA. Not sure what that might equate to with Delta, but I'll take an upgrade or free bags or whatever.

It's been so long since I've gotten anything from Delta I'd be thrilled with a pair of socks Smiley Very Happy

I didn't get this targeted offer, but it wouldn't help me as I have no status with anyone else to match at this point.  Smiley Frustrated

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 15
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Junejer wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Members with Alaska Airlines MVP, American Airlines Gold, Southwest Airlines A-list or United Airlines Premier Silver who also submit qualifying credentials will receive complimentary Gold Medallion Status through August 31, 2022. These Members may extend their Gold Medallion Status through the 2022 Medallion Year, ending on January 31, 2023, upon earning 18,000 MQMs or 12 MQS on or before August 31, 2022.

Congratulations, Gold Medallion!  Here is a shortcut to what you can expect.  If you are able to hit the MQMs or MQSs to keep it, it can be pretty valuable.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles/medallion-program/medallion-benefits

Message 8 of 15
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Forgot to answer that part of the question. I got two separate emails--one for my EDP and one for my BBC. I bought the tickets with my EDP, so I used that email to app for the offer.

Message 9 of 15
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Junejer wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congratulations, Gold Medallion!  Here is a shortcut to what you can expect.  If you are able to hit the MQMs or MQSs to keep it, it can be pretty valuable.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles/medallion-program/medallion-benefits

Thanks @K-in-Boston! Not sure I'll be able to keep it. Don't fly Delta enough to take advantage of it.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.