Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Biz Gold Instant Approval!

tag
mchang124
Regular Contributor

Amex Biz Gold Instant Approval!

So the Amex Biz Train continues! Just wrapped up the SUB of 25K MR Points on my BBP in less than 30 days and decided it was time to add my first charge card. Went searching for the 80k SUB for $6k of spend in 3 months and found it. Logged into my account and applied. Instant approval. And of course being an Amex Biz member since January of this year, there was no HP on my personal credit. SP approval. Card set to arrive on May 5th. 4th Amex this year. Original HP on my personal credit back in January when i applied and was automatically approved for the Amex Business Prime Card.

DP:

Personal Scores 750 plus across all three

INQ's roughly about 10 per bureau

PayDex Score 80

UTI 1-2% at any given time

AAoA: 2.5 years

Stated Income $125k

37CB55F8-FF9F-42E4-891E-6D08206067BF.jpeg

Amex Member Since Jan 2021

“It’s nice to be important but it’s more important to be nice”
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex Biz Gold Instant Approval!

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 9
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your new Amex Biz Gold card. How long has your business been open to apply and be approved for a business card? Did you have to submit your business taxes or business financials? 

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 3 of 9
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex Gold approval!

Message 5 of 9
jcooks
Established Contributor

Was your first card the BBP?  I got my Gold (personal) mid March and was getting preapprovals for other cards, but not the BBP.  I applied for the BBP and got the application in review message, but instantly got a denial email.  Reason for denial is "The length of time you have been a customer with American Express is too short".

Message 6 of 9
mchang124
Regular Contributor

@babygirl1256 wrote:

Congrats on your new Amex Biz Gold card. How long has your business been open to apply and be approved for a business card? Did you have to submit your business taxes or business financials? 

My corporation has been open since 2018. Amex isnt as strict as Chase. I didn't have to submit tax forms or anything like that. Just all the normal stuff you would plus business identifying details like structure, revenue, and EIN. You have to remember that pretty much all small business credit cards require a PG (personal guarantee). So if you have a strong credit profile, you should fine. But YMMV. 

Message 7 of 9
mchang124
Regular Contributor

@jcooks wrote:

Was your first card the BBP?  I got my Gold (personal) mid March and was getting preapprovals for other cards, but not the BBP.  I applied for the BBP and got the application in review message, but instantly got a denial email.  Reason for denial is "The length of time you have been a customer with American Express is too short".

My first card was the Amex Amazon Prime Business card earlier this year in January. My second approval was the Hilton Honors Business card that had the 150k HH PTS and $150 statement credit as a sign up bonus. My third approval was the BBP with a 25k MR PTS SUB.

I think it helps that i have a strong personal profile but i also have an established business credit score or known as a PAYDEX score. I also have had a lot of spend this passed few months and i never carry a balance. I pay my cards weekly down to a $0. 

My philosophy is: if you dont have enough money in the bank to pay for it in cash, dont put it on a credit. 

Message 8 of 9
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@mchang124 I like and agree with your philosophy.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.