Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Biz Gold Update*

tag
CivalV
Established Contributor

Amex Biz Gold Update*

I applied for my first business card today and my application was not automatically denied. I had a little sigh of relief but it does state it is pending review. Since this is my first business application is this normal or a slow denial? I went for it, since I am going to drop 7k on gear.. I figured why not see what happens. Wish me luck? lol

Updated: I was denied for the biz gold. I was prompted to use my SSN. The reason for denial was a smack in the face. I had a low limit card being used on auto pay for a bill. The card ended up going over limit and hit as over limit to my CR SMH. I feel terrible. That was the only reason for denial, how upsetting lol 

I am going to reapply after the 30 days from the time of the application update. Hoping that makes a difference in my chances for approval. 

3 REPLIES 3
AceTen
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Biz Gold

Good luck to you! I hope it is an approval and please let us know.

I have two business cards and both went to pending, but neither were AMEX so that does not help you much. I think it took 3-4 days for my first business card, from US Bank, to be approved. And my FNBO evergreen business was approved the next day. 

"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
Message 2 of 4
SouthernCredit
Frequent Contributor

Wife just applied for a business Amex, and it also went to pending. They have an application status page that may or may not tell you what else they need; there should be a number listed for you to call in to provide any needed info. 

On her call, they just needed to verify a few things, and she was quickly approved.

App status page is here: https://online.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Message 3 of 4
Thermionic_E
Regular Contributor

they didn't approve me for almost a month for Amex gold, business blue and Lowe's 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.