Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Biz Question

tag
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

Amex Biz Question

I currently have the Amex BCP card and understand that if I were to apply for another amex card it will be a soft pull.  My question is, does the soft pull also extend to their business cards?  If I were applying for a business card in my name (consulting business), will that be a hard or soft pull?

Thanks

What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - 80k | AmEx Delta Reserve - $70k | Citi AA Executive - $37k | AmEx Delta Reserve Biz - 60k | Citi AA Biz - 20k
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Biz Question

"Normally" yes a SP but like with all things AmEx there's always an outside chance any new card Biz or Personal could be a HP.

Message 2 of 10
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

@MarkintheHV wrote:

I currently have the Amex BCP card and understand that if I were to apply for another amex card it will be a soft pull.  My question is, does the soft pull also extend to their business cards?  If I were applying for a business card in my name (consulting business), will that be a hard or soft pull?

Thanks

Yes, it extends to the Biz cards. Once you have AMEX it is most usually always a SP after that for either personal or business. 

Message 3 of 10
Suzette2
Frequent Contributor

@MarkintheHV wrote:

Thanks

Yep.  SP

@MarkintheHV wrote:

Thanks

Yep.  SP

6/20 :12/22 :
Message 4 of 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Agree with posts above.  It will likely be a SP but not guaranteed. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 10
SDMarik
Established Contributor

My most recent Amex was the BBP, It was my 4th Amex (first business) and still a SP. I would assume that it would be a SP but always be prepared for the HP to sneak in there. 

"When prosperity comes, do not use all of it"
Message 6 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@MarkintheHV wrote:

Thanks

In the first place there's never a guarantee that it's a soft pull; almost always it's a soft pull, but not always.

And yes it applies to business card applications as well. Your application for a business card is highly likely to be a soft pull.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 7 of 10
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone.  Just got approved for 21k and no emails stating hard pull.

What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - 80k | AmEx Delta Reserve - $70k | Citi AA Executive - $37k | AmEx Delta Reserve Biz - 60k | Citi AA Biz - 20k
Message 8 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@MarkintheHV wrote:

Thanks everyone.  Just got approved for 21k and no emails stating hard pull.

Congratulations.

Which card did you go for? I have the Blue Business Cash and the Blue Business Plus.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 9 of 10
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

I snagged the Amazon Prime Business card.

What's in my wallet?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.