Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Biz Upgrade?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Biz Upgrade?

Called and asked about upgrading Biz Gold to Biz Plat if I had an offer or could get some GW points, zilch

But the guy alluded to there possibly being offers for me in 1st or 2nd week of September (which would be my third month with the card) and to check back then. Anyone experience this, customer service saying to wait for a possible upcoming offer? It wasn't a guarantee but seemed like it was something they knew on their end but couldn't say. 

I was also offered to cold app on the phone for the biz plat and close my gold  right after but it's just not as good for me now

2 REPLIES 2
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex Biz Upgrade?

I've never heard of anyone having an upgrade offer for an Amex card just 2-3 months after opening the account.  Most likely the CSR was simply implying that new offers are often rolled out near the beginning of the month, not necessarily that you will have an offer then.

With the Welcome Offer being so high for Business Platinum (75-100k), why not consider just opening one?  Even if there were an upgrade offer, it would be a small fraction of that, so you'd literally be missing out on at least many hundreds but potentially a few thousand dollars of additional rewards?  Since it's a business card it won't impact your personal credit reports one bit when it comes to new accounts and AAoA.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Biz Upgrade?

@K-in-Boston 

The MSR for the regular offer is too high for my spend/income atm.

Upgrading with some points and getting prorated AF would be alright, along with the extra credits this year

Already did most of my large spend this year on school tuition that doesn't take AX and some medical bills 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.