Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue Business Cash Approved

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Amex Blue Business Cash Approved

I went ahead and pulled the trigger today on my pre-approval for Blue Business Cash (sent by email), instant approval for $9k SL. My pre-approval came with a $250 bonus for $5k spend in 6 months, $500 bonus for $10k spend in 12 months, and 0% for 12 months. I didn't pay attention to the APR, I don't carry a balance on CCs except for monthly PIF spend, or special offers.

Surprised at the nice starting limit. I have 2 personal Amex cards, BCP $7100 since 2017, and Cash Magnet $13.8 since 2020. But I haven't thrown much spend at them. In my small town there's only Safeway & Walmart,  and Walmart is much cheaper and I like them - at least with the Blue Biz Cash I can get 2% there. And Magent was a dumb move, I have more than enough 1.5% cards (Cap One). So, I plan to downgrade BCP to BCE before the AF hits 5/27, and will close Magnet and allocate CL between BCE and Blue Biz Cash. (As I recall you need to leave $1k CL on the card you're closing)

Not my first biz card, I've had a Cap One Spark biz card since 2015, which of course reports as a personal card. I do have an EIN. 

EDIT: Fico Scores 766/777/757 EX/EQ/TU

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Blue Business Cash Approved

Congrats!

Message 2 of 19
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Glad you would up with a really solid approval! Congrats, and nicely done! 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 3 of 19
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!! Enjoy the SUB and 0%!!!

Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 5 of 19
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

I went ahead and pulled the trigger today on my pre-approval for Blue Business Cash (sent by email), instant approval for $9k SL. My pre-approval came with a $250 bonus for $5k spend in 6 months, $500 bonus for $10k spend in 12 months, and 0% for 12 months. I didn't pay attention to the APR, I don't carry a balance on CCs except for monthly PIF spend, or special offers.

Surprised at the nice starting limit. I have 2 personal Amex cards, BCP $7100 since 2017, and Cash Magnet $13.8 since 2020. But I haven't thrown much spend at them. In my small town there's only Safeway & Walmart,  and Walmart is much cheaper and I like them - at least with the Blue Biz Cash I can get 2% there. And Magent was a dumb move, I have more than enough 1.5% cards (Cap One). So, I plan to downgrade BCP to BCE before the AF hits 5/27, and will close Magnet and allocate CL between BCE and Blue Biz Cash. (As I recall you need to leave $1k CL on the card you're closing)

Not my first biz card, I've had a Cap One Spark biz card since 2015, which of course reports as a personal card. I do have an EIN. 

Congrats Dave. I too applied for one and was a little surprised at my SL. They only requested the EIN on the app so I assume SL was based partly on my spending history on my Amex Plat and my company revenue. I just got off the phone with a Amex Rep and I was told I'll get the SUB as well. Which was a pleasant surprise. The 2% was good enough for me. The card should be arriving any day now. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. 

Message 6 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your BBC approval!

Message 7 of 19
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex BBC approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 19
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@joeyv1985 wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Congrats Dave. I too applied for one and was a little surprised at my SL. They only requested the EIN on the app so I assume SL was based partly on my spending history on my Amex Plat and my company revenue. I just got off the phone with a Amex Rep and I was told I'll get the SUB as well. Which was a pleasant surprise. The 2% was good enough for me. The card should be arriving any day now. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. 

That's great! Congrats!

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on BBC!

Good plan 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.