cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue Business Cash Approved

DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Amex Blue Business Cash Approved

I went ahead and pulled the trigger today on my pre-approval for Blue Business Cash (sent by email), instant approval for $9k SL. My pre-approval came with a $250 bonus for $5k spend in 6 months, $500 bonus for $10k spend in 12 months, and 0% for 12 months. I didn't pay attention to the APR, I don't carry a balance on CCs except for monthly PIF spend, or special offers.

Surprised at the nice starting limit. I have 2 personal Amex cards, BCP $7100 since 2017, and Cash Magnet $13.8 since 2020. But I haven't thrown much spend at them. In my small town there's only Safeway & Walmart,  and Walmart is much cheaper and I like them - at least with the Blue Biz Cash I can get 2% there. And Magent was a dumb move, I have more than enough 1.5% cards (Cap One). So, I plan to downgrade BCP to BCE before the AF hits 5/27, and will close Magnet and allocate CL between BCE and Blue Biz Cash. (As I recall you need to leave $1k CL on the card you're closing)

Not my first biz card, I've had a Cap One Spark biz card since 2015, which of course reports as a personal card. I do have an EIN. 

EDIT: Fico Scores 766/777/757 EX/EQ/TU

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Blue Business Cash Approved

Congrats!

US Bank Altitude Reserve 18.1k
Chase Freedom Unlimited 18.5k
Chase Freedom 11.7k
American Express Gold NPSL
American Express Bonvoy Brilliant 22.5k
American Express Bonvoy Business 20k
American Express Amazon Business Prime 14k
Barclays Aviator Business 5k
Citi AAdvantage Executive Card 14.1K
Citibusiness AAdvantage 11.9k
Citi Double Cash 15k

Fico 8s as of 09/01/2021:

Message 2 of 19
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Glad you would up with a really solid approval! Congrats, and nicely done! 

FICO 8 Sep '21 EX 746 EQ 748 TU 741
Message 3 of 19
blindambition
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!! Enjoy the SUB and 0%!!!

Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 5 of 19
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

I went ahead and pulled the trigger today on my pre-approval for Blue Business Cash (sent by email), instant approval for $9k SL. My pre-approval came with a $250 bonus for $5k spend in 6 months, $500 bonus for $10k spend in 12 months, and 0% for 12 months. I didn't pay attention to the APR, I don't carry a balance on CCs except for monthly PIF spend, or special offers.

Surprised at the nice starting limit. I have 2 personal Amex cards, BCP $7100 since 2017, and Cash Magnet $13.8 since 2020. But I haven't thrown much spend at them. In my small town there's only Safeway & Walmart,  and Walmart is much cheaper and I like them - at least with the Blue Biz Cash I can get 2% there. And Magent was a dumb move, I have more than enough 1.5% cards (Cap One). So, I plan to downgrade BCP to BCE before the AF hits 5/27, and will close Magnet and allocate CL between BCE and Blue Biz Cash. (As I recall you need to leave $1k CL on the card you're closing)

Not my first biz card, I've had a Cap One Spark biz card since 2015, which of course reports as a personal card. I do have an EIN. 

Congrats Dave. I too applied for one and was a little surprised at my SL. They only requested the EIN on the app so I assume SL was based partly on my spending history on my Amex Plat and my company revenue. I just got off the phone with a Amex Rep and I was told I'll get the SUB as well. Which was a pleasant surprise. The 2% was good enough for me. The card should be arriving any day now. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. 

Message 6 of 19
M_Smart007
Epic Contributor

Congratulations on your BBC approval!

Message 7 of 19
CreditAggie
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex BBC approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9:

Credit Age:

Inquiries (24 month):

Banks & CUs:

Goal Cards:

Currently: 2/6, 2/12, 5/24
Message 8 of 19
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@joeyv1985 wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Congrats Dave. I too applied for one and was a little surprised at my SL. They only requested the EIN on the app so I assume SL was based partly on my spending history on my Amex Plat and my company revenue. I just got off the phone with a Amex Rep and I was told I'll get the SUB as well. Which was a pleasant surprise. The 2% was good enough for me. The card should be arriving any day now. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. 

That's great! Congrats!

Message 9 of 19
Blue_Collar
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on BBC!

Good plan 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.