Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue Business Plus Approved

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Amex Blue Business Plus Approved

I closed my old Simply Cash card, and applied for Blue Business Plus. Approval took 2 days, was for 6k SL. EX FICO 8 was 743.

Stuck me with the highest of the 3 interest rates (21.49%).

No SUB, but had 15-month 0% APR purchase/balance transfer offer. Balance transfer would have to be within 60 days of "account opening".

No HP of course.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex Blue Business Plus Approved

Congrats there, SJ!

Message 2 of 17
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Congrats SJ. I'd gladly take your highest 21.49 APR over the highest 26.74 they stuck me with on my SPG last October. Makes me afraid to app for anything else with them just now.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats sir,  I ended up going the opposite route and was originally going to app for the BBP, but picked the Simply Cash + instead. ALso ended up with the same 21.49% interest rate as you

Any particular reason you chose that one?  i do remember in another thread you said the rewards points werent adding up correctly i think on the SC+

Message 4 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Congrats SJ. I'd gladly take your highest 21.49 APR over the highest 26.74 they stuck me with on my SPG last October. Makes me afraid to app for anything else with them just now.

They gave me 26.74 on the SPG also Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

congrats sir,  I ended up going the opposite route and was originally going to app for the BBP, but picked the Simply Cash + instead. ALso ended up with the same 21.49% interest rate as you

Any particular reason you chose that one?  i do remember in another thread you said the rewards points werent adding up correctly i think on the SC+

I've been thinking of chucking the Simply Cash because, as you correctly remember, I had found that I was getting very very few of the supposed bonus points.

I must confess that my primary motivation for the Blue was the 15-month 0% APR purchase & balance transfer offer.

Also I have some use for the MR's, although I'm not a huge fan of those either Smiley Happy 2 MR's are worth more than 2 cents to me, which is more than the 1 cent I was getting with the Simply Cash on almost all of my purchases.

Message 6 of 17
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Nice approval!
Message 7 of 17
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Approval! I'm surprised they gave you that APR too. I got my BPP last year (mainly as a placeholder should I decide to ever close my personal Gold, but it saves the MR points on a no annual fee card). My APR is 17.49%, which i thought was a mistake but it stuck. I think it's a good card to have overall. Congrats again! 

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Apparently SL isnt relevant.  It may be because I have charge cards with them as well, but all of my business credit cards can spend over limit and still qualify for rewards.  

over limit amounts are due in full when your statement cuts, if you PIF each month shouldnt be a factor.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I closed my old Simply Cash card, and applied for Blue Business Plus. Approval took 2 days, was for 6k SL. EX FICO 8 was 743.

Stuck me with the highest of the 3 interest rates (21.49%).

No SUB, 

Interesting, did you get a pop up? I ask because when I applied for the Bonvoy there wasn't one, but it went to pending with approval later that day. So i don't truly know if I go the SUB or not. I will likely call/chat to find out for sure, before I put a certain charge on it. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.