Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue Business Plus Signup Bonus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Blue Business Plus Signup Bonus

I know there is no signup bonus for the Amex BBP.  However, I have heard about a 10k point referral bonus. I’ve also read that if you sign in on the Amex site, start an app for the BPP then don’t complete it you will then receive a 20k signup bonus offer from them somehow. Are either of these this true?  If so where can we meet a referral link?  And for 20k, what exactly do I need to do?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Blue Business Plus Signup Bonus

What I see is:

You can earn: 15,000

Membership Rewards® points for each approved referral – up to 55,000 points per calendar year.*

Each friend can earn: 10,000

Membership Rewards® points after they use their new Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
Your friend will be able to choose from a variety of American Express Personal and Business Cards Offers. You can receive your referral bonus no matter what Card your friend is approved for.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can I find a referral link. Can’t find one anywhere. 

Message 3 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I'm not sure what the rules are about referral links, but I'm guessing they are allowed as this thread was moved without being edited. Let me know if you want me to PM you one.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is also the 20k MR sign up bonus. I’ve seen a few referal links for it. But that one requires $5k spend vs $3k spend for the 10k MR. I don’t know that it’s worth the extra bonus unless you can easily meet the increased min spend.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

I'm not sure what the rules are about referral links, but I'm guessing they are allowed as this thread was moved without being edited. Let me know if you want me to PM you one.

No referral links are allowed on the forums and the rules apply to posting that you’ll PM one.  We don’t read PMs but we would like everyone to follow the guidelines.  There are plenty of other sources for posting and getting links. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally my fault. I didn’t know about that rule. I apologize.

Message 7 of 9
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

If you already have an Amex non-cobranded card, you can refer yourself.  It's definitely not how Amex intended the site to work, and could get attention from RAT, but people have done it.

Message 8 of 9
Namaste7
Established Contributor

When you navigate to the referrals page, the image indicates that you can refer others/friends or refer yourself.

Self-referrals are permitted.

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.