Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Business Gold CSR’s revamp

tag
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

Amex Business Gold CSR’s revamp

So I was fiddling around on Amex’s website earlier and found that they’ve revamped the Business Gold Card similarly to how they redid the PRG. Now you can choose 2 bonus categories (instead of 1), and instead of earning 3x, the bonus categories now earn 4x! However, the other categories stay at just 1x, and the AF is now $295.

[2/2019]
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Business Gold CSR’s revamp

Wow! That sounds great. Enjoy!

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely no signup bonus for this card right now (other than G Suite for 3 years0  Therefore, not worth getting right now.  This is why bloggers were ‘warning’ everyone to signup under an existing offer before today.  

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried chat on Amex site. The Amex csr suggested this would be different than what happened with the PRG. I would continue to have the old BGR unless I product change.

I have had the card less than a year so not sure whether I can product change.

Will not know for certain unless I call. Hope she is wrong.

Update: I called Amex. This is DIFFERENT than what happened with the PRG.

If you had the Business Gold card from yesterday your terms and rewards have NOT changed. You will continue to have the same card you had. New card is for people that either open a new account or explicitly product change.

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

They screwed the card imo. I went to sign up for it decided to pull the trigger but apparently it was less than an hour too late, the page was down. I checked this morning, no MR SUB but instead you get statement credits for the first year for some kind of like recruiting service and some other thing I don't at all value. guess yesterday was the day the music died on this one - :'( oh well, now I'm feeling rather adamant about churning through the remaining platinum cards...those **bleep**ers lol
Message 5 of 23
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

I don't think I want this card now. I was trying to get on yesterday to apply to have the first year waived but the site was not allowing it after around 6pm PST.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 6 of 23
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I'd be interested if they put MRs back on as the SUB instead of whatever that is they're offering right now.
BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bleh. I swear when I saw the new Business Gold at work today I heard that bwa ba ba ba sound that the contestant from Price Is Right heard when they lost their game. 

Very disappointed; no SUB, and curiously the AF is $45 more (and not waived for the first year) than the personal Gold card-in stark contrast to the old Business Gold that was $20 less than the PRG and even the current Platinum Business being $100 less than Personal Platinum. I was really hoping this would have been better. 

And while I am complaining...I actually kind of liked how the business versions of the charge cards were slightly different than personal-mainly in that the Centurian (logo, not card) was located in the upper left-hand corner compared to in the middle of the card for personal cards. Wondering how or if Amex will refresh Plum and Business Green. 

Message 8 of 23
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

The only thing on this card I can maybe use is the 4x MR pts. for shipping b/c I send out quite a few packages from my eBay biz. Otherwise I can get 3x cash for shipping with Simply Cash + and the 4x restaurants and gas can still come from my regular Gold card. Like I said earlier--only a hefty SUB to the tune of say 60K MRs or more with $3k spend or less would get me on board for $295.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 9 of 23
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

**bleep**... this puts a damper on my plan.  I was going to signup for this sometime next year and get 50K MR points for no fee the first year.  Now the first year is not waived and there's no bonus.  I wish I'd seen this coming.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.