Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Business Gold CSR’s revamp

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Business Gold CSR’s revamp

@MrDisco99 wrote:

**bleep**... this puts a damper on my plan.  I was going to signup for this sometime next year and get 50K MR points for no fee the first year.  Now the first year is not waived and there's no bonus.  I wish I'd seen this coming.

Same here--I was going to get it sometime next year also. They'll probably put a MR  pts. SUB back on it later when they see they're not getting very many new apps for it.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 11 of 23
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

**bleep**... this puts a damper on my plan.  I was going to signup for this sometime next year and get 50K MR points for no fee the first year.  Now the first year is not waived and there's no bonus.  I wish I'd seen this coming.

Same here--I was going to get it sometime next year also. They'll probably put a MR  pts. SUB back on it later when they see they're not getting very many new apps for it.

Probably right... still, it will cost $295 to get it, though, as opposed to nothing before.

Message 12 of 23
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

Probably right... still, it will cost $295 to get it, though, as opposed to nothing before.

Right. And the only perk I could really use from this card was the 4x for shipping which I'm aready getting with my SPG card. The gas and restaurant I already have too. So there's really NOTHING perk-wise on GB I need right now. Needless to say unless they offer a fantastic SUB and waive the first year fee--I won't be getting it.

BUSINESS
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is incredible for affiliate marketing businesses such as myself (google advertising, tons of spend).  Only downside is it's limited to 150 K.   I hit that in less than a month.

Message 14 of 23
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

Right. And the only perk I could really use from this card was the 4x for shipping which I'm aready getting with my SPG card. The gas and restaurant I already have too. So there's really NOTHING perk-wise on GB I need right now. Needless to say unless they offer a fantastic SUB and waive the first year fee--I won't be getting it.

I'd think 4x MR are worth more than 4x Starpoints, but point made. I don't see much value in this card either, and am curious as to what they were envisioning originally.

[2/2019]
Message 15 of 23
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@jdbkiang wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

I'd think 4x MR are worth more than 4x Starpoints, but point made. I don't see much value in this card either, and am curious as to what they were envisioning originally.

This is probably true--but the Starpoints are only costing me $95 for 2 years vs. $498 for the MRs. Until they make enough improvements to make the Gold Business worth that amount--I can live with the Starpoints Smiley Wink

BUSINESS
Message 16 of 23
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@jdbkiang wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

This is probably true--but the Starpoints are only costing me $95 for 2 years vs. $498 for the MRs. Until they make enough improvements to make the Gold Business worth that amount--I can live with the Starpoints Smiley Wink

Haha true. I definitely agree, just pointing out that the earn rate still is much better, even given that the card has too high an AF. Regardless, I'm using the CIP for shipping which provides 3x UR at a $95 AF and is much better than the Gold business for now. 

[2/2019]
Message 17 of 23
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@jdbkiang wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@jdbkiang wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

Haha true. I definitely agree, just pointing out that the earn rate still is much better, even given that the card has too high an AF. Regardless, I'm using the CIP for shipping which provides 3x UR at a $95 AF and is much better than the Gold business for now.  t

I tried for Chase Ink back at the beginning of August right before I accepted my pre-approved offer for AMEX Gold--and I was told by Chase they needed some kind of written verification of my business. I couldn't provide one at the time so I'm going to work on that requirement and possibly re-app for it next Summer when I'm either 4/24 or 3/24.

BUSINESS
Message 18 of 23
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@jdbkiang wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@jdbkiang wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

Haha true. I definitely agree, just pointing out that the earn rate still is much better, even given that the card has too high an AF. Regardless, I'm using the CIP for shipping which provides 3x UR at a $95 AF and is much better than the Gold business for now.  t

I tried for Chase Ink back at the beginning of August right before I accepted my pre-approved offer for AMEX Gold--and I was told by Chase they needed some kind of written verification of my business. I couldn't provide one at the time so I'm going to work on that requirement and possibly re-app for it next Summer when I'm either 4/24 or 3/24.

Yeah, I only have the CIP, though I wasn't asked for any written verification. When/If I'm under 5/24 again, I'd like to get the CIC and maybe even the CIU. 

[2/2019]
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Absolutely no signup bonus for this card right now (other than G Suite for 3 years0  Therefore, not worth getting right now.  This is why bloggers were ‘warning’ everyone to signup under an existing offer before today.  

Yeah this card is now terrible.  Had planned on getting it top up my Marriott points.  Saw the warnings from bloggers but just started 5k and 4k cards and didnt want to put another 5k on to the pile.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.