Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Business Open Financial Review Thread - Your Comments Appreciated

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Business Open Financial Review Thread - Your Comments Appreciated

I am going through a financial review right now. I opened a business platinum card a couple months ago and did a mix of 75/25 MS and organic spend to chase the 50k after $10k bonus. The MS was on gift cards and a little Venmo. The large balance triggered a financial review and I've been asked to fill out the standard form. 

Here is more of the background. 

When I filled in the application, I did so for my blog, which to this day only generates a few hundred dollars a year. I'm not positive, but I think I put my personal income in the income box, a round number of $200k. If Amex sees my tax return, it won't see "business" income in an IRS Form for a partnership or S-corp, but the $200k personal income will be there. Also, I filed a joint tax return, so they would see my wife's SSN at the same time. 

I'm curious if anyone has had experience with this or what your perspectives are because I'm debating whether to fill out the form. Will the fact that there is no "business" impact the decision even if income is met? Will it impact my wife? 

More information - I have a few weeks until I technically can't recoup my $450 fee, so I am debating whether to go through with the review and cancel the card to not be permanently blacklisted. I also don't want to potentially risk my wife being blacklisted at the same time. 

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.