Did you mean: 

Amex Business Plat - APPROVED on Recon!

tag
JamesKnox
Regular Contributor

Amex Business Plat - APPROVED on Recon!

Hey!

Just sharing the news! 

Applied for Amex Business Platinum a few days ago and got the good ol' "PENDING" --- which turned into a DENIED a few minutes later. 

The reason was because of recent inquiries on the account. I literally had a total of 4 inquiries in the past 2 years -- 2 of which were from American Express. 

I called in and spoke to new accounts; explained to them that there just MUST be some kind of mistake; "how could 4 inquires possibly be too much." --- The rep was hesitant at first but put me on hold, came back to the phone and said that he is recommending a manual review. The status on the application checker was IN PROGRESS for 3-4 days and then finally today as I was relaxing enjoying a little television, my phone buzzed, I looked down and it was an email from AMEX saying "Congratulations! You've been approved!"

#DreamCard #ImDone #ToTheGardenIGo

Yay yay yay! 

Now I just need to spend the 10k to get my bonus! Can't wait to receive my card. 

Starting Score: (FICO)(August 29, 2013) 502(EQ) 568(EX) 549(TU)
Current Score: (FICO) (January 28, 2017) 712(EQ) 720(EX) 720(TU)
Goal Score: 720(EQ) 720(EX) 720(TU)

Amex Business Platinum NPSL | Chase Sapphire Preferred $15,000 | Chase Freedom $9000 | Amex ED $1,000 | BofACash Rewards $3100 | Amazon Store Card $4000
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Business Plat - APPROVED on Recon!

@JamesKnox wrote:

Hey!

Just sharing the news! 

Applied for Amex Business Platinum a few days ago and got the good ol' "PENDING" --- which turned into a DENIED a few minutes later. 

The reason was because of recent inquiries on the account. I literally had a total of 4 inquiries in the past 2 years -- 2 of which were from American Express. 

I called in and spoke to new accounts; explained to them that there just MUST be some kind of mistake; "how could 4 inquires possibly be too much." --- The rep was hesitant at first but put me on hold, came back to the phone and said that he is recommending a manual review. The status on the application checker was IN PROGRESS for 3-4 days and then finally today as I was relaxing enjoying a little television, my phone buzzed, I looked down and it was an email from AMEX saying "Congratulations! You've been approved!"

#DreamCard #ImDone #ToTheGardenIGo

Yay yay yay! 

Now I just need to spend the 10k to get my bonus! Can't wait to receive my card. 

Congrats! This one is on my list later on once I have 10k of spending ready to go.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats... Enjoy it.

Message 3 of 6
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Be on the lookout for a second HP, I once called and asked for a recon and was told that they'd send it for "manual review" and I got 2 HP on EX..
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I just posted about how I used my card and justify the AF. 

Hopefully you will get as much benefit out of your card as I have. Been great for my business travel. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! wow with scores like yours there is no reason they should have denied you to begin with!  dont forget to use those gogo inflight wifi passes! can be worth 160-600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.