Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Business Question

tag
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

Amex Business Question

I'm interested in applying for the Amazon Business Prime card. Can I use my EIN for this as it's the same amount of digits as a social and seems to work in the field? Also if I use my EIN will it pull my personal credit? Finally, would it count towards my max number of Amex cards (5) if it's technically under the business and not me?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex Business Question

@ToxikPH wrote:

I'm interested in applying for the Amazon Business Prime card. Can I use my EIN for this as it's the same amount of digits as a social and seems to work in the field? Also if I use my EIN will it pull my personal credit? Finally, would it count towards my max number of Amex cards (5) if it's technically under the business and not me?

To address your questions you can use your EIN for the app but AMEX will still run your personal credit for the application and yes it will count against how many revolvers you can carry with AMEX. There is no hard rule for how many revolvers a person can carry with AMEX but it's agreed that 5 is the mainstay with 6 or more depending on your credit profile. If your signature is accurate you are carrying four revolvers at the moment and one charge card so you'll be good to get this card if approved.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.