cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Business application uses EIN or SSN?

tag
ficomember
Contributor

Amex Business application uses EIN or SSN?

Hello I did a prequalified online with Amex for business and I was prequalified for the platinum charge card. My question is when I did the prequalification it only asks me for my last SSN and business name. On the real application form it asks for my business and my EIN number. Long story short, I had bankruptcy with that business 5 years ago and credit report of that EIN is probably not clean. I have build up good credits since then. For good chances to get approved, should I put my business name but under EIN use my SSN instead as sole prior type business?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Business application uses EIN or SSN?

@ficomember wrote:
Hello I did a prequalified online with Amex for business and I was prequalified for the platinum charge card. My question is when I did the prequalification it only asks me for my last SSN and business name. On the real application form it asks for my business and my EIN number. Long story short, I had bankruptcy with that business 5 years ago and credit report of that EIN is probably not clean. I have build up good credits since then. For good chances to get approved, should I put my business name but under EIN use my SSN instead as sole prior type business?

Just apply as a SP if that is your business type and use your SSN 

Message 2 of 4
ficomember
Contributor

One more question, since this is my first applicatio with Amex, I believe they will pull my hard inquiry. since that's the case, I want to get the Amex Bonvoy Business card as well. Would you recommend getting the Bonvoy first then charge card or the other way around?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ficomember wrote:

One more question, since this is my first applicatio with Amex, I believe they will pull my hard inquiry. since that's the case, I want to get the Amex Bonvoy Business card as well. Would you recommend getting the Bonvoy first then charge card or the other way around?

Apply first for the one you want the most and then if you’re approved apply for second one.  Order doesn’t matter much.  Charge card with Amex are fairly easy to get approved for due to the high AFs.  Good luck and let us know your results 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.