Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Business cards BK friendly but...

tag
DoogieBall
Regular Contributor

Amex Business cards BK friendly but...

maybe too soon to request a CLI.

Got the Simply Cash Plus Business card in 12/18 for $1500 and was almost 8 years post BK.  Then decided to request a CLI late March 2019 which put me about 2 weeks past the 90 day mark.  Denied and called a recon line and was still denied. Just got the letter today and the only reason listed was:

"Your credit report indcates that you have filed for bankruptcy."

I wonder if it might be better to apply for one of the other business cards at the end of the summer.  Thoughts?

R.I.P Cards 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Business cards BK friendly but...

Sounds like AMEX is being a bit cautious with you, which I’m sure you might understand. I’d give it 90 days longer and the try for a CLI again.

I see you have another AMEX card as well. How long have you had that one and what’s the limit?

AMEX is not known for opening the flood gates immediately - both for thin profiles and also for those that may have had a checkered past with them. Build positive history with them and I’d imagine they will loosen up a bit with time.
Message 2 of 3
DoogieBall
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Business cards BK friendly but...

@Anonymous wrote:
Sounds like AMEX is being a bit cautious with you, which I’m sure you might understand. I’d give it 90 days longer and the try for a CLI again.

I see you have another AMEX card as well. How long have you had that one and what’s the limit?

AMEX is not known for opening the flood gates immediately - both for thin profiles and also for those that may have had a checkered past with them. Build positive history with them and I’d imagine they will loosen up a bit with time.

I got the Amex Everyday in December of 2018 about a week before the Blue business.  $5000 limit so I was very happy about that.  I figured they were being cautious with me and being denied didn't bother me very much.  I wanted the increase to just to keep my business UT low if I missed the statement closing.  I felt weird about running it up to $1800 even though I make pay it off every 2 weeks and kept a 1% UT at each closing.

R.I.P Cards 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.