Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Business cards and Previous BK

tag
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

Amex Business cards and Previous BK

I was wondering if I should apply for an AMEX business card but I'm wondering if thats a bad idea since I had a BK that included them on my personal credit back in 08 Is this going to hurt my chances des[ite having built up Business credit somewhat? I have two business credit cards and an Auto loan under my company all of which I PG'd for. At first I thought that I would have no chance but since I was able to obtain a Chase INK card without much hassle under the business well before Chase would give me a personal card. I figured AMEX might have different standards for business cards like Chase. Also I wanted to know if havin an AMEX merchant account would help my chances at all if I were to get one. I currently use Square for my CC transactions and get about $20-30k a month through the service I wouldn't mind having the AMEX merchant account if it helped me get back in their good graces eventually. Even though their fees are higher then Square.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex Business cards and Previous BK

@jonmartin wrote:

I was wondering if I should apply for an AMEX business card but I'm wondering if thats a bad idea since I had a BK that included them on my personal credit back in 08 Is this going to hurt my chances des[ite having built up Business credit somewhat? I have two business credit cards and an Auto loan under my company all of which I PG'd for. At first I thought that I would have no chance but since I was able to obtain a Chase INK card without much hassle under the business well before Chase would give me a personal card. I figured AMEX might have different standards for business cards like Chase. Also I wanted to know if havin an AMEX merchant account would help my chances at all if I were to get one. I currently use Square for my CC transactions and get about $20-30k a month through the service I wouldn't mind having the AMEX merchant account if it helped me get back in their good graces eventually. Even though their fees are higher then Square.

You got Chase $5k Business with BK - Do you have checking with them for the Square Account?

I would not think Amex would be even a close option but if you don't bank with Chase and got that kind of Credit from them, then I might have to rethink my thoughts!

Message 2 of 3
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Business cards and Previous BK

Yes I bank with Chase personal and with Business

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.