Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Hard Limits and NOW!....

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Amex Hard Limits and NOW!....

DH Simply Cash Business Card has been under a limit of $25k but a Hard limit of $26k since this account is supposed to be open above the current CL to spend above and beyond... it's been YEARS... like 2016 or 2017.

His personal Gold had a limit in place of $5k about the same time... that limit was lifted a week later.

Tested waters yesterday with a CLI on Business Card - "We will let you know" = DENIED

Today, Applied for Marriott Business Card since he is Titanium Elite and between both of us we have 4 other Marriott Cards.

To my Draw dropping shock... Instantly approved for $25k!!

That puts his revolving exposure over $63,000 plus charge cards

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mikeef
New Contributor

Re: Amex Hard Limits and NOW!....

@Creditaddict wrote:

DH Simply Cash Business Card has been under a limit of $25k but a Hard limit of $26k since this account is supposed to be open above the current CL to spend above and beyond... it's been YEARS... like 2016 or 2017.

His personal Gold had a limit in place of $5k about the same time... that limit was lifted a week later.

Tested waters yesterday with a CLI on Business Card - "We will let you know" = DENIED

Today, Applied for Marriott Business Card since he is Titanium Elite and between both of us we have 4 other Marriott Cards.

I'm not trying to be critical, I'm just trying to understand the post because I'm trying to make some AMEX decisions, but I'm having a difficult time making sense of your first paragraph. If you get a chance could you reread it, you might be like me, and think a lot faster than you type and skipped a word or two :-)

Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mikeef wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I'm not trying to be critical, I'm just trying to understand the post because I'm trying to make some AMEX decisions, but I'm having a difficult time making sense of your first paragraph. If you get a chance could you reread it, you might be like me, and think a lot faster than you type and skipped a word or two :-)

When the simply cash product was released for business it had a limit established but you could spend over that limit similar to the Charge Card with anything over the limit being due in full... they came in shortly after we got our setting the "over limit LIMIT to $26k" meaning just $1k over the limit was allowed to be spent.

our personal card had no over limit and no moving no pre-set spending... it was a hard $5k put in place.

Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Basically, Amex not approving a cli has zero to do with rather they might give you a NEW account with even more credit line!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.