Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Marriott Business Approved - 6th Revolver

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Marriott Business Approved - 6th Revolver

I just hope I can use my free night voucher before it expires in August!  I don't generally travel in the spring and summer time because that's when everyone else does and it's too crowded. lol

Message 21 of 28
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@Vandevere321 Go for it . . . wishing you desired results!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 22 of 28
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I was looking at my Amex preapprovals (or Expanding Your Membership offers as the case may be) last night, and noticed that the Marriott Business card had neither the preapproved nor the expanding your membership language.  With a 100,000 points and $150 offer for $5k spend, I thought I'd go for it and I was instantly approved for my 6th revolver with Amex!

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 7.43.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 7.41.54 AM.png

Approved for $10,000 (I only listed an annual revenue of $3,000), bringing my total Amex revolving limits to $84,500.  So now I have 3 charge cards and 6 revolvers as the primary cardholder.  No new accounts since June 2020, 3/24, 4 EX inquiries, EX FICO 8 score is my lowest one at 787, and income sufficient enough for Amex.  Definitely looking forward to the extra 15 nights of elite night credits each year!

Congratulations.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 23 of 28
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just hope I can use my free night voucher before it expires in August!  I don't generally travel in the spring and summer time because that's when everyone else does and it's too crowded. lol

While there's no guarantee the same will happen, I recently booked to use my 50k certificate (more than covered the annual fee on Bonvoy Brilliant even without the $300 annual credit) that I received last spring and hadn't gotten around to using (obvious less travel over last year and cash rates were usually quite low).  It was expiring in August after being extended.  I changed my mind immediately after the booking because the property wasn't accepting SNAs and I have a bunch expiring this year.  When I canceled that reservation, I noticed that they actually extended my certificate until January 2022 when it and the points for the other night were redeposited when I booked another property right after.

Message 24 of 28
manbuckets
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Current Cards/Loans:
Future Cards:
Message 25 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

congrats wanted this one as well, but have personal chase Marriott that was only opened about 15 months ago making me ineligible for the bonus.  Only card I can really go for is Amex business cards now as SP's due to building a house and don't want to add new accounts to personal credit or take a HP with that said Delta has some sweet no lifetime language and I am targeted for that offer for 80k for gold so might get rid of my itch with gold delta business with 80k miles.

Message 26 of 28
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

congrats wanted this one as well, but have personal chase Marriott that was only opened about 15 months ago making me ineligible for the bonus.  Only card I can really go for is Amex business cards now as SP's due to building a house and don't want to add new accounts to personal credit or take a HP with that said Delta has some sweet no lifetime language and I am targeted for that offer for 80k for gold so might get rid of my itch with gold delta business with 80k miles.

That sounds like fantastic offer for the Gold SkyMiles card!  Around a grand in airfare for not much spend or fees, and I too really am liking these "hidden trade lines" for Amex Business cards.  Yeah, the downside to opening this was that it makes me ineligible for the SUB on either of the Chase Marriott cards for 2 years, and I do really want one so I can later PC it to Ritz-Carlton.  

On the other hand, the additional 15 elite nights a year from this are definitely going to help me more in the short/medium term than another personal Marriott.  The 15 nights posted before I even got the card and I have more than enough nights already booked to retain my Titanium status again next year (will have 74 in a week or so) and I am already getting close to Lifetime Gold (already Lifetime Silver) late next year or early 2023, which is pretty good since I didn't jump ship to Marriott/Starwood until 2017.  Thankfully when I merged accounts, they counted elite years from each of the two programs together.

Amex short-cycled me for the first statement, but the $150 in credits posted before they hit me with the annual fee so that was a nice surprise; wasn't expecting that credit to hit until the spending requirement was met for the Welcome Offer.

Message 27 of 28
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.