Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex OMG!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex OMG!

So I am starting up a small business and decided I needed a seperate card for my expenses to make it easier on me to do the accounting.

Was looking at Chase Ink, but the application asked if I had been denied credit from Chase in the past 6 months; I had.

So on to Amex.

I have been denied personal cards from them 6 times in the past 6 months (I apply once a month lol), and was a little skeptical. Looking at the different ones they offer, I decided on the Simply Cash Business card.

Apped, and I get a screen saying it is in review and to call them up.

Gave them a ring and guy asked me a few questions and threw me on hold for nearly 10 minutes; sweating bullets........

He comes back on the line and apologizes for the long wait and says he has some excellent news! I nearly passed out!

His exact words are, "Sir, we are going to expedite the card for you and you should have this plastic in your hand in 72 hours!"

I didn't even ask about the limit or APR. I can wait 3 days. Smiley Wink

FINALLY IN WITH AMEX!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Aarvard
Established Contributor

Re: Amex OMG!

@Anonymous wrote:

So I am starting up a small business and decided I needed a seperate card for my expenses to make it easier on me to do the accounting.

Was looking at Chase Ink, but the application asked if I had been denied credit from Chase in the past 6 months; I had.

So on to Amex.

I have been denied personal cards from them 6 times in the past 6 months (I apply once a month lol), and was a little skeptical. Looking at the different ones they offer, I decided on the Simply Cash Business card.

Gave them a ring and guy asked me a few questions and threw me on hold for nearly 10 minutes; sweating bullets........

He comes back on the line and apologizes for the long wait and says he has some excellent news! I nearly passed out!

His exact words are, "Sir, we are going to expedite the card for you and you should have this plastic in your hand in 72 hours!"

FINALLY IN WITH AMEX!

Congrats! Now you can lock in your MSD for your future apps Smiley Wink

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have finally gotten in with lenders I have been wanting in with recently (Chase, Barclays, Amex) so I think I am done for a long time (unless of course a new shiny card comes out I just can't resist!).

Maybe it is finally time for the "eternal seedling" in my siggy to grow?

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aarvard wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So on to Amex.

FINALLY IN WITH AMEX!

Congrats! Now you can lock in your MSD for your future apps Smiley Wink

Yes!

Message 4 of 20
baller4life
Super Contributor

Message 5 of 20
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Welcome to the Amex family man!

Congrats.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 20
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So on to Amex.

FINALLY IN WITH AMEX!

Did you already have a business before getting that card? That's cool you were able to get Simply Cash like that. Forgot to ask you that.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, just got an email saying I could go ahead and register my account online.

Got everything set up and there is my limit: $3k. That is what I said my monthly expenses would be. Not bad. Could potentially be $27k in 9 months per the 3x CLI schedule.

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So on to Amex.

FINALLY IN WITH AMEX!

Did you already have a business before getting that card? That's cool you were able to get Simply Cash like that. Forgot to ask you that.

I have just put in an application with my county clerk for a DBA business name 2 days ago.

It is just going to be a tax preparation business. I am taking classes for it right now.

I am a sole-proprietor, so the business uses my SS# for the tax ID#.

Message 9 of 20
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

CONGRATS 

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.