Did you mean: 

Amex Offers - Dell

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Offers - Dell

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 7.57.38 PM.png

Hello everyone -

I have this offer on my Biz Plat and I'm in the process of purchasing some more laptops for my business while going through EBates website. Has anyone received credit for the 10% off Dell purchase using the regular Dell website? The fine print on the offer states: Offer valid for purchases made on Dell.com/amex or by phone at 877-BUY-DELL only. Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Zolomon
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Offers - Dell

I used the regular dell website and got the 10%. Didn’t even know about the dell.com/amex part.

Also, I was previously enrolled in the semi annual $100 Dell perk and bought a $100 router. I still got the 10% back on top of that. I was surprised to receive +$10 on my business platinum account.

I got paid by using a perk lol. I celebrated and used the free $10 on Chipotle.
Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the DP Zolomon.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as you use the card that the offers is added to for payment, it shouldn't matter how you get to Dell's website. So I think if you go via Ebates to earn the extra points there as well, you'll be fine. Amex's only stipulation is that it has to be payed for by the enrolled card, on Dell's site.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As long as you use the card that the offers is added to for payment, it shouldn't matter how you get to Dell's website. So I think if you go via Ebates to earn the extra points there as well, you'll be fine. Amex's only stipulation is that it has to be payed for by the enrolled card, on Dell's site.

Thanks @Janus

For my DP - Have you made a purchase via EBates or the regular website and received the bonus/discounts?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not as of yet through Ebates, haven't been able to get the offer ling to work for the 1500K MR points for sign up.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! It worked! Smiley Happy

I made my purchase through the EBates site and received credit for the 10% offer + one additional MR point. Now to purchase a couple of computer monitors I need for my business and the Nintendo switch console for DW Smiley LOL

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 8.54.56 PM.png

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous ... a happy DW is a happy home! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the AMEX biz Platinum as well and had the same question because I too noticed the fine print about the specific site.  With AMEX fine print seems to burn me.....

I did do a purchase on Ebates when they had the 15x MR points and a sale to boot.  

the whole process was confusing because I couldn't tell if I was on the Consumer or Business Dell site.  The XPS 15 I was trying to buy was priced differently on both sites.  

What I did was install the Ebates add-on to Chrome, visit the Dell/Amex site, put the item in the cart, click the Ebates button in Chrome, confirmed the Ebates cookie, and then made the purchase.  

So far I have confirmed the $100 Dell credit, then the 1x bonus point.  Then the 10% discount.  

HOwever, on a side note, my transaction hasn't gone so smoothly.  I bought the XPS and the deluxe dock.  The purchase was split.  

Dock shipped right away.  Computer seemed to ship 2 weeks later.  I haven't received shipment, confirmation, email, anything. 

Then noticed the computer was credited back to Platinum card, the 10% credit was reversed and the 1x bonus points were retracted from my MR balance.  

Dell didn't want to sell me the tricked out XPS for $1800???

but yeah to answer your question again, I was able to stack the $100 semi-annual Dell credit, the 1x bonus MR points, the 10% rebate, and the Ebates rebate.  I hope they ship the computer.  I did the math and I was getting a $3000 computer for $1500 and then receiving about 34,000 MR pts to boot.   Pretty awesome deal if i can actually recieve the frickin' computer.  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.