cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Open application - anyone apply lately?

tag
Nocturnal
Contributor

Amex Open application - anyone apply lately?

I was solicited by phone and was asked to apply for this card.  Initially I said no because I'm credit conscious meaning I don't like to have a lot of hard inquiries and my last hard inquiry was for the Amex Costco Business card and that was approved.  I was planning on getting a Chase card in a few months to do a balanace transfer so I was trying my hardest to keep my inquiries down.  However I spoke to a colleague who mentioned this card and that it was a PIF but with literally almost no limit.  That peaked my interest so I received a follow up call and applied.  The application is still in progress and I'm not sure if that's good or bad.  Anyone apply lately and if so how soon were you notified that you were either approved or declined?  My credit score is low 700s for actual FICO score.

TU FICO 2/14: 701
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Open application - anyone apply lately?

@Nocturnal wrote:

I was solicited by phone and was asked to apply for this card.  Initially I said no because I'm credit conscious meaning I don't like to have a lot of hard inquiries and my last hard inquiry was for the Amex Costco Business card and that was approved.  I was planning on getting a Chase card in a few months to do a balanace transfer so I was trying my hardest to keep my inquiries down.  However I spoke to a colleague who mentioned this card and that it was a PIF but with literally almost no limit.  That peaked my interest so I received a follow up call and applied.  The application is still in progress and I'm not sure if that's good or bad.  Anyone apply lately and if so how soon were you notified that you were either approved or declined?  My credit score is low 700s for actual FICO score.

I applied online but had an offer with rewards and was instantly approved.  My scores were in the 700s and they pulled EX exclusively for me.  How long ago was it that the application was done over the phone?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So... which card is this again?

I'm under the impression that AMEX Open is just their business side - not an actual card.... or is this one of those invite only?

Message 3 of 10
Nocturnal
Contributor

It is for the gold card.  The application was done this morning according to the email I received.  Still says in progress when I check status.

THE AMERICAN EXPRESS BUSINESS GOLD REWARD CARD

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nocturnal wrote:

It is for the gold card.  The application was done this morning according to the email I received.  Still says in progress when I check status.

THE AMERICAN EXPRESS BUSINESS GOLD REWARD CARD

Ohh Ok.. If it is still pending by monday, I'd give Amex a call to see what is going on.  Will keep fingers crossed for you and let us know the outcome.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

ah cool - yep, hope you get the approval!! do check in when you get the decision!

Message 6 of 10
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Good luck. You can call the business line 24/7.
Signature needs updating
Message 7 of 10
Nocturnal
Contributor

I was approved, I am extremely happy!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nocturnal wrote:

I was approved, I am extremely happy!

Nice.. Congrats on the approval..

Message 9 of 10
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Congrats, welcome to Amex business. I like the Open forums, though I haven't posted there yet. Lots of good info to think about pricing, bookkeeping, management (yeah, some of the folks are pushing b2b stuff, so I bought a book), but nice to see different folks talking about their small businesses. Check it out.

And check out Amex travel for any plans. Got best deal ever, and you can put in your membership number for frequent flyer points, I use Alaska Air.
Signature needs updating
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.