Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Simply Cash Plus is phenomenal!

tag
lexrjSD
Regular Contributor

Amex Simply Cash Plus is phenomenal!

First I got the card with a soft pull only! Never had that before.

Then 10 days later after getting the card I ran a $45k purchase when my initial limit was $23k without a hitch.

60 days later I increased my limit to $50k (no pull).

Now when I try the spending approval button I get up to $120k, that's incridible!

Not to mention that I'm getting 3% on computer equipment I purchase for my clients, I've racked $1200 in 2 months!

I love free money!

WALLET: Amex BCP 25K | Barclay Arrival Plus 27K | Chase Reserve 20K |
Amex SimplyCash 50K

FICO: EX 812 | EQ 815 | TU 815
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
chris288
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Simply Cash Plus is phenomenal!

I love this card too.  The only issue is it is not reporting to any business profile, (Experian, Equifax for Business) for me.  It also does not report to my personal files either which is good.  Just curious on your end.  Is it reporting to any file you have?

Thanks,

Message 2 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@lexrjSD wrote:

Then 10 days later after getting the card I ran a $45k purchase when my initial limit was $23k without a hitch.

Now when I try the spending approval button I get up to $120k, that's incridible!

Not to mention that I'm getting 3% on computer equipment I purchase for my clients, I've racked $1200 in 2 months!

I love free money!

How can you tell which category they've assigned a purchase to?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 20
lexrjSD
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@lexrjSD wrote:

I love free money!

You have to look at your statement.

Amex SimplyCash 50K

Message 4 of 20
lexrjSD
Regular Contributor

@chris288 wrote:

I love this card too.  The only issue is it is not reporting to any business profile, (Experian, Equifax for Business) for me.  It also does not report to my personal files either which is good.  Just curious on your end.  Is it reporting to any file you have?

Thanks,

I haven't checked any business profile, defintetly not on the personal credit.

Amex SimplyCash 50K

Message 5 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@lexrjSD wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@lexrjSD wrote:

I love free money!

My statement just gives totals, does not itemize which purchases got bonus category points.

And the totals are for a billing period 2 months earlier.

My experience with this card has been way short of 'phenomenal'.

BTW...

1. I don't know how you're getting 3% on computer equipment since that's not one of the permissible 3% categories.

2. I think it's impossible for you to have racked up $1200 cashback from a 3% category, since the annual maximum for the 3% category is $750.

3. And the 5% category is limited to $1250 per year.

Message 6 of 20
lexrjSD
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@lexrjSD wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@lexrjSD wrote:

I love free money!

My statement just gives totals, does not itemize which purchases got bonus category points.

BTW...

1. I don't know how you're getting 3% on computer equipment since that's not one of the permissible 3% categories.

2. I think it's impossible for you to have racked up $1200 cashback from a 3% category, since the annual maximum for the 3% category is $750.

The bottom of your statement screen there is an option "Bonus Details", it shows what you are looking for.

Not sure if we are talking about the the same card, I have the Amex SimplyCash Plus Card.

1.I've selected the 3% cash back category for computer hardware.

2.The annual maximum is $50,000 per calendar year for the 3% and 5% categories. I spent $40k on Dell (computer hardware category at 3%), that's $1200 cash back.

3.Again, the annual maximum is $50k per calendar year for the 3% and 5% categories.

Amex1.PNGAmex2.PNG

Amex SimplyCash 50K

Message 7 of 20
lexrjSD
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@lexrjSD wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@lexrjSD wrote:

I love free money!

BTW...

Amex1.PNGAmex2.PNG

Amex SimplyCash 50K

Message 8 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@lexrjSD wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@lexrjSD wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@lexrjSD wrote:

I love free money!

BTW...

Amex1.PNGAmex2.PNG

Sorry. I stand corrected. The card I  have is the original Simply Cash, and the terms are different than those of the Simply  Cash Plus. Computer hardware is not a category on my card, and eligible purchases are limited to 25k, not 50k. So your 5% cashback will run out once you've gotten $2500 back, and your 3% cashback on computer hardware will run out when you've gotten $1500 back.

Message 9 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

After being educated on this thread about the differences between the Simply Cash and the Simply Cash Plus, I've applied for, and been approved for, the Simply Cash Plus card Smiley Happy

I wasn't able to PC; had to apply for a new card.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.