Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex SimplyCash $250 credit limited time offer

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Amex SimplyCash $250 credit limited time offer

http://www262.americanexpress.com/landing-page/business-cards/sclp/simplycash/aff0018/42732?PID=15-1...

$250 credit after 3k spend.

3% category that you can choose from the list as well.

It seems like a great card and I'm very tempted Smiley Happy

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Amex SimplyCash $250 credit limited time offer

There goes my plan to garden.  Between this and the 100K AA, I've lasted about 3 weeks.

Message 2 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I NEED!

Message 3 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

The option to choose 3% categories adds a very nice touch to this card.

However, several blogs have pointed out that gift cards may not count towards the 5%. There's no definite answer yet; still waiting for someone to test and report back on the results.

In the T&C it states that cash equivalents and all the usual items do not qualify for 5%, and someone said he spoke to Amex rep and was told gift cards are considered as cash equivalents.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

To add: purchases and reloading of prepaid cards will not count towards 5% as well.
Message 5 of 13
WuXing5
Regular Contributor

i alRe: Amex SimplyCash $250 credit limited time offer

darn i already app'd with no offer a few weeks ago. Smiley Mad

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully. " - GWB
Message 6 of 13
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: i alRe: Amex SimplyCash $250 credit limited time offer

I applied for this card last night....it is pending approval currently. If I am approved, then I will test it out...I received an H P on my EX this morning, so I hope that means that I am approved...

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 7 of 13
Open123
Super Contributor

Good luck!  Along with the 5%, the 3% dining is pretty nice.

Message 8 of 13
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I just got the email that says :

Your Account Number Ending: - 23079

Reference Number: 646432116700022USD

Dear [Swap],

We are pleased to approve your application for Simply Cash® Business Credit Card.  We hope you'll continue to enjoy the benefits and services that come with Cardmembership.  We are expediting the delivery of your Business Card, and you will receive it in 2 to 3 days.

When your Card arrives, you can activate it online atwww.americanexpress.com/activate or you can call us by following the instructions on the sticker on your Card.

Thank you for your Cardmembership.  We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Sincerely,
American Express Customer Service

I called this morning to see if I could answer any questions which would expedite my approval, and the csr said that they needed me to verify something in writing and that the letter was on its way. Then, an hour later I get the above email...

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 9 of 13
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

It is approved with only a 5k limit....... But hey, it is building business credit so it's good with me I suppose. Do 3x cli apply for business cards as well? I am debating on whether or not to add this card to my sig...lol.

My Wallet:
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.