cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex SimplyCash Plus Business - In Progress?? - UPDATE: APPROVAL!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex SimplyCash Plus Business - In Progress?? - UPDATE: APPROVAL!

Hello All,

Well I had a somewhat unique experience with Amex so I decided to share.

Got my ED back in February with a low SL of $1K. Then applied for the Hilton Honors last month and got another $1K on a SP.

Well, I am "supposed" to be gardening and swear I am now.... (been trying to get my business going), but decided to apply for the Simplycash Plus Business card with Amex since I was told this card wasn't too hard to get approved for (data points in siggy - one baddie *auto charge-off* from 4 years ago) and want to start working on my business lines. I have read a few people with great scores were denied for this card, but since it is usually a SP, I said, what the heck? Why not?!

Anyhow, after applying I got the "In Progress" message and to call in with Business Name and Address. Now, I applied for this afterhours so I couldn't call last night when I applied because they were closed, so was going to call today. Well, right before I was about to call, I get the email at 9AM with the approval. Only $2K SL (found this out by having representative through online chat add account to profile), but it's bigger than my other initial limits on my personal cards with them and I know it will grow. Plus, I've heard the $2K cards grow easier than the $500 and $1K cards do so Amex must like me so far.

Now, I will mention when I seen the additional information needed, I did think they were either wanting identity verification for fraud prevention since I have opened so many cards recently or, they wanted proof of income since I just recently updated my income with them to include an additional $75K a year. So my advice to others out there that get this message to call in with minimal information such as what I was asked for could wait it out. It took less than 24 hours and I was approved without calling in. If it specifically asked for income verification or things like that, I would probably follow through with the request though.

Will be going for my 3X CLI next week on my ED card. Was denied the first one (61+ days from account opening), but am positive I will be approved for this one. On the denial, it stated that I wasn't a long enough customer with Amex and to be honest, when I got the card, I didn't activate it for almost thirty days. I travel for work consistently and didn't arrive home to get it until then. So, when I requested the CLI, they only had a little over a month of activity to base the request upon and yes, it was a low SL issuance too.

The other great news is that these additional approvals have all been SP's.... so far! (fingers crossed)

My scores were in the low 700's when I first applied for my ED card, but my app spree has tremendously dropped my scores (and the auto-charge off sending the remaining balance to collection finally, but thankfully that was only reported to TU, hence the much lower of the scores). So this shows you further that Amex really does base a huge part of your approval on their relationship with you!

Hope this information gives others hope if their scores aren't the greatest, due to similar circumstances, and want to add an additional Amex card to their wallet! Smiley HappyHeart

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex SimplyCash Plus Business - In Progress?? - UPDATE: APPROVAL!

Congrats on your approval.  Amex is great for business cards

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.