Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex blue Buisness cash new vs blue Buisness plus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex blue Buisness cash new vs blue Buisness plus

I just noticed this card. I already have plenty of cashback cards plus I value mrp's (membership rewards points)more than cash back.
I think this is a great idea to corner the market with 2mrps or 2 percent cb.
One of these will most likely be my next Buisness card. Basically whichever one gets a sub first. Does amex usually show a new card without any sign up bonus? Maybe they will add one later? Maybe they just do whatever they want. These cards are identical from what I see in everyway except one is points and one is cb.
Does anyone have any sub showing for either of these cards?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex blue Buisness cash new vs blue Buisness plus

Thing that kind of turns me off with that card is the automatic statement credit. I don’t necessarily need an automatic credit. I like most of us I think prefer to build the cash up to a certain level and then cash out. With the BBP which I have we can build as many MRs as you want. I also don’t like that you can’t take the CB and convert over to MRs like Chase allows with the Freedom Unlimited for example. Then that card would be a card to have. For me it’s a pass. To each his own however.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't get me wrong I completely agree with you. Instead of combining my 2 Discover cards and getting a new 2% cb match Disco card next May I would much rather have the BBP as my everything else card. When I saw it I couldn't believe it. First thing I thought was I would much rather this card than Citis personal DC card. And I really like the DC card. I realized last month when I got my first Buisness card that the rewards can be much better than personal cards.
I plan to garden for 6-12 months.
If there still isn't a Sub with BBP I'll grab it then.
I have a feeling people not as many ppl will app for the blue biz cash card as amex hopes . I would think most people would rather amex membership rewards than cash back. But some don't bother to look into them like my brother who graduated from Columbia but doesn't even know Wich cards earns the most cb for him...Lots of $
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm no expert, but I have never seen a SUB offered for the BBP. Well other than the 0% for however mnay statment periods. And the BT offer.

As far as MR SUB's like what the Everyday, Gold or Platinum offers have, I've not heard of any cases. 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I was thinking may be the case but regardless I plan to grab the BBP after I grow my new cards a bit.
Combining reward points with my Gold card will be great.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they just combine both card and allow to redeem as CB OR MR's I agree that would most likely be a good idea for them. Imo
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update was approved 8/6/19with SUB 10k MR'S 3k (400$ away!)spend for BBP. 15 Month 0 apr bt/purchase.
5300sl.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm no expert, but I have never seen a SUB offered for the BBP. Well other than the 0% for however mnay statment periods. And the BT offer.

As far as MR SUB's like what the Everyday, Gold or Platinum offers have, I've not heard of any cases. 

I got 10K MR SUB a year ago.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm about to hit my spend to get the 10k do you know if they make you wait a couple months after to get sub points?
Like my first sub with gold card sub took a couple months to post.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really? My SUB for the Gold spend was in my account withing 24hrs. Pretty much teh same with all my SUBS, even on the most recent Bonvoy.

Same thing with retention and other spend and get offers. The only time I have to wait on MRs posting, is on regular spend.

So in theory those points should be in you account withing two days of final charges posting to your account.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.