Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex business application - Income

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Amex business application - Income

Has anyone noticed AMEX has changed their business application in the form of annual business revenue?  It use to be a drop-down from 0-x dollar, x dollars-50k, or whatever.. Now it asks directly for you to fill it in, vs. drop down box.  I am indeed incorporated, but in all honesty I haven't used my company in years and just have it around for 1099 work when needed..   When I put 0-x before I wasn't fibbing, now they actually ask what your business revenue is.. wonder what would happen if I put 0 dollars?  My income is alot different from full-time job as it ask that as well.  Has anyone else noticed this change recently if so and just do the business as a "side" thing has anyone put 0 before?  

I want the dang blue 2x mr's on all purchases card, but love my existing relationship with amex and don't want to hurt it all of sudden putting 0 income from my business.  Who knows though I could do some 1099 consulting work this year if I muster up the energy on the side.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex business application - Income

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Has anyone noticed AMEX has changed their business application in the form of annual business revenue?  It use to be a drop-down from 0-x dollar, x dollars-50k, or whatever.. Now it asks directly for you to fill it in, vs. drop down box.  I am indeed incorporated, but in all honesty I haven't used my company in years and just have it around for 1099 work when needed..   When I put 0-x before I wasn't fibbing, now they actually ask what your business revenue is.. wonder what would happen if I put 0 dollars?  My income is alot different from full-time job as it ask that as well.  Has anyone else noticed this change recently if so and just do the business as a "side" thing has anyone put 0 before?  

I want the dang blue 2x mr's on all purchases card, but love my existing relationship with amex and don't want to hurt it all of sudden putting 0 income from my business.  Who knows though I could do some 1099 consulting work this year if I muster up the energy on the side.

I noticed it couple weeks ago when I applied for the Blue Business card.  Apply for the dang card Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I noticed it couple weeks ago when I applied for the Blue Business card.  Apply for the dang card Smiley Wink

Lol question is do I put 0 for revenue? I would assume..  I liked the dang drop-down box a heck of alot better Smiley Happy..  If I was to get approved it would be for like 1k as have 65k+ in exposure with Amex already.  Although could easily move from SPG/ED or simplycash to make it usable if needed.

Message 3 of 21
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Lol question is do I put 0 for revenue? I would assume..  I liked the dang drop-down box a heck of alot better Smiley Happy..  If I was to get approved it would be for like 1k as have 65k+ in exposure with Amex already.  Although could easily move from SPG/ED or simplycash to make it usable if needed.

I'd just put whatever the actual revenue is.  I applied for Blue with $0 and was instantly approved (along with many other Biz cards) for 18k.  Including that card my total Amex exposure is about 50% of yours however.

Message 4 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is thanks for the data point that you put 0 as business revenue..  I guess I can be a guinea pig and see if they slash my 20k spg or 16.4k simply cash card.  not worried about ED card that is at 28k as always been honest on personal income.  The blue business preferred card is just superior in early way shape and form to my personal ED card..  Granted my ED card is back dated to 1990...  So would if had a choice reallocate some from SPG/Simplycash business to Blue if needed to to make it usable.

edit:  just did math and have 64,400 total exposure with amex after listing those out, although close enough to my other post.

Message 5 of 21
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@B335is thanks for the data point that you put 0 as business revenue..  I guess I can be a guinea pig and see if they slash my 20k spg or 16.4k simply cash card.  not worried about ED card that is at 28k as always been honest on personal income.  The blue business preferred card is just superior in early way shape and form to my personal ED card..  Granted my ED card is back dated to 1990...  So would if had a choice reallocate some from SPG/Simplycash business to Blue if needed to to make it usable.

edit:  just did math and have 64,400 total exposure with amex after listing those out, although close enough to my other post.

Do you plan on keeping the Everyday card longterm to keep that backdate then?  Hopefully you can find a workable 20k bonus link somewhere if you do apply.

Message 6 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Do you plan on keeping the Everyday card longterm to keep that backdate then?  Hopefully you can find a workable 20k bonus link somewhere if you do apply.

yep not about to give up that backdate even if it remains on your Cr for 10 years after closing to nice to have...  Are their any active links that exist anymore for 20k on that card?  I thought they are died???

Message 7 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

tried to apply online and got the following... never seen this before

instantly got the following page after about 1 second.  This a sign not to apply ?Smiley Tongue

Prefer to apply by phone? 1-800-519-OPEN (6736)

Currently our system is not responding. Please try later or call us at 1-800-519-OPEN (6736) to apply for a Card. We apologize for any inconvenience. To learn more about other flexible solutions you can use to manage and grow your business please return to American Express OPEN.

edit: also nothing shows up on check application status link... appears it just failed all together... tried twice and got that exact message twice.  maybe maintenance?  Although amex you think would have serious redundancy.

Message 8 of 21
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

tried to apply online and got the following... never seen this before

instantly got the following page after about 1 second.  This a sign not to apply ?Smiley Tongue

Prefer to apply by phone? 1-800-519-OPEN (6736)

Currently our system is not responding. Please try later or call us at 1-800-519-OPEN (6736) to apply for a Card. We apologize for any inconvenience. To learn more about other flexible solutions you can use to manage and grow your business please return to American Express OPEN.

edit: also nothing shows up on check application status link... appears it just failed all together... tried twice and got that exact message twice.  maybe maintenance?  Although amex you think would have serious redundancy.

I couldn't find a working link for the bonus.  Maybe the system is updating?  You're supersticious with your apps just like me Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

OMG Amex loves me lol..  Approved 9k...  Other limits remained intacted.  Total Amex exposure is now 73,400... Wonder if I should call and reduce it on any of my other cards?  thoughts?  This was done with all my CRA's on ice as heard Amex has been approving by SP's and this proves it if you are an exisitng card member or at leaste in my case.  Ill take a hidden TL and no inquiry any day! Smiley Tongue

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 8.29.31 PM.png

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.