Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex business blue plus

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Amex business blue plus

I have the old amex business blue card. It no longer gives me 2 points per dollar so its useless to me now. The amex busines blue plus is what I need for all my non-cat spend. Are there any signup bonuses out there for that card? If there are signup offers I will app for it. If there are no signup offers then I will just PC my current amex blue card. I now they have had signup offers in the past, but if I can't get any now I don't want to wait until next time because who knows when they may have a bonus again if ever and I could be using this card now. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex business blue plus

None exist right now and doubt that any will appear any time soon

Message 2 of 10
shoegal
Valued Contributor

The only ones I’ve seen are referral offers. I got a referral from my DH for 10k points after $3k spend.

Message 3 of 10
red259
Super Contributor

@shoegal wrote:

The only ones I’ve seen are referral offers. I got a referral from my DH for 10k points after $3k spend.

hmm I don't think I want to take an inq for only 10k points. The best I ever saw was a 20k offer and even that I was thinkin it may not be worth the inq. I will probably just PC in that case. 

;
Message 4 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@red259 wrote:

@shoegal wrote:

hmm I don't think I want to take an inq for only 10k points. The best I ever saw was a 20k offer and even that I was thinkin it may not be worth the inq. I will probably just PC in that case. 

You wont take an inquiry if you are an Amex card holder or for that matter and AAoA hit either as if you are a current amex member 99% chance you will get it as a SP and won't impact AAoA as on business credit.

Message 5 of 10
red259
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@shoegal wrote:

You wont take an inquiry if you are an Amex card holder or for that matter and AAoA hit either as if you are a current amex member 99% chance you will get it as a SP and won't impact AAoA as on business credit.

My understanding was always that with Amex it was usually a SP on app and if approved a HP, my reading of your comment is that it is almost always just a SP with no HP at all if you have another Amex already. Is this the way it always was or did Amex change their policy? Does this apply to both business and personal card apps? 

;
Message 6 of 10
red259
Super Contributor

I found a referral offer for 10k points on 3k spend in 3 months, since this card would be my primary non-cat spend card I should make that spend requirement organically. Does anyone know for sure if as an Amex member I will take another Inq upon approval for this card or if there is a high likelihood that I will not get a HP for this approval. Also, I have four open revolvers and two charge cards with Amex. A fifth revolver shouldn't be a problem correct? I'm going to close my old amex blue card but I didn't want to do that until I had this card in place especially if I want to move some credit over. My other revolvers I don't want to close yet due to various perks etc. 

;
Message 7 of 10
redpat
Senior Contributor

Should be a sp for you. I have had 2 bus. cards as SP and 3 personal SP cards approved.
Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@shoegal wrote:

My understanding was always that with Amex it was usually a SP on app and if approved a HP, my reading of your comment is that it is almost always just a SP with no HP at all if you have another Amex already. Is this the way it always was or did Amex change their policy? Does this apply to both business and personal card apps? 

Yes applies to both personal and business cards.  Over a year ago Amex changed their policy from what you mentioned to a new one where existing account holders would only receive a SP when applying whether approved or denied.  This almost always is the case now.  Lots of us have applied for business cards, were approved and only received a SP

Message 9 of 10
red259
Super Contributor

I just pulled the trigger. Was approved for amex business blue plus. 10k points for 3k spend. The credit limit is only 2k but I have like 5 revolvers and 2 charge cards with amex so i figured I was up near the limit of what they will give with credit without wanting documentation. The 2k limit is too low for my needs, but I am going to be closing my old amex blue card anyway so I will just call in and request they transfer over as much of tha credit line as possible before I close it. There is no reason for me to keep that card moving forward as the new version will be my primary driver. 

;
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.