Did you mean: 

Amex business cards

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Amex business cards

@myjourney wrote:

Thanks Open

It would surely be a plus if Chase also reports to D&B.

I saw the new offers last night and yes you know me I usually take the tempered approach. Lol

However this maybe to good to pass on and worth the HP.

Thanks to all for the help much appreciated indeed

No problem, but I think both Amex and Chase reprots to D&B.  I'll find out for certain tomorrow morning and let you know.

This is a nice deal and a hard one to pass up.  If you can spare the inquiry (no new account) hit, I'd definitely app for it.

Message 11 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Thanks Open

It would surely be a plus if Chase also reports to D&B.

I saw the new offers last night and yes you know me I usually take the tempered approach. Lol

However this maybe to good to pass on and worth the HP.

Thanks to all for the help much appreciated indeed

No problem, but I think both Amex and Chase reprots to D&B.  I'll find out for certain tomorrow morning and let you know.

This is a nice deal and a hard one to pass up.  If you can spare the inquiry (no new account) hit, I'd definitely app for it.

Thank you times 1000

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 15
Open123
Super Contributor

I checked with person who handles the finance dept for our firm and both Chase and Amex report to Ex and Equ business credit.  

Neither reports to DNB.  In his estimation, DNB isn't relevant for our firm, since we don't work with Gov't depts or their agencies. While we do have a DBN entry, these days I sense from him that DNB is irrelevant, at least for our industry.  He remarked that these days, creditors just use Ex bus or Eq business for the credit score with the internet and information age making DNB's reporting services no longer necessary.

I sense as far as our firm is concerned, DNB is completely irrelevant.

However, if you're in an industry which focusses on gov't contract, gov'e agencies or vendors who still rely on a DNB number, then it may make sense for you to find a TL which reports to them.  On it's own, neither Chase nor Amex will, at least not for our firm.

Just make sure you don't "buy" anything from DNB; or, otherwise fall for their "business credit building" scams.

Good luck!

PS - Our Amex business cards have the "membership date" of the originating basic cardmember. Not sure if this reflects on the business TL.

Message 13 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

I checked with person who handles the finance dept for our firm and both Chase and Amex report to Ex and Equ business credit.  

Neither reports to DNB.  In his estimation, DNB isn't relevant for our firm, since we don't work with Gov't depts or their agencies. While we do have a DBN entry, these days I sense from him that DNB is irrelevant, at least for our industry.  He remarked that these days, creditors just use Ex bus or Eq business for the credit score with the internet and information age making DNB's reporting services no longer necessary.

However, if you're in an industry which focusses on gov't contract, gov'e agencies or vendors who still rely on a DNB number, then it may make sense for you to find a TL which reports to them.  On it's own, neither Chase nor Amex will, at least not for our firm.

Just make sure you don't "buy" anything from DNB; or, otherwise fall for their "business credit building" scams.

Good luck!

PS - Our Amex business cards have the "membership date" of the originating basic cardmember. Not sure if this reflects on the business TL.

Thanks Open very good info

I have bid on gov contracts which is the only reason I asked about DNB but other than that your right DNB is useless IMO.

I learned long ago not to do any purchasing of there BS products Lol

When I first started my business that was my first mistake I paid for them to tell me I had a new business and a high risk of default....I knew that didn't need to pay for it.

Live and learn right that was 3 years ago.

I do use the free iupdated just to gage what's going on from time to time and it's never accurate so it's BS as well. Kind of like a CK in my view. (snap shot)

Every time I apply for any credit you're right it seems from the letters I get with the approvals they all use EX, EQ business reports so through your effort I know Amex and Chase are also reporting to those.

Thanks so much for going the extra mile to help me out much appreciated indeed.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 15
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Good luck!

Thanks for doing the leg work on this. I had a feeling the D&B did not report CC trade lines so I never bothered checking. I have pulled both my EX and EQ business lines in the past and saw the Chase and AMEX lines. Glad I don't do government contracting, the entertainment industry is bad enough. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.