Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex gold credit limit

tag
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

Amex gold credit limit

I would like to know if there is a way to find out what the set limit is on the Amex business gold charge card. If anyone know how to check it please let me know. Thanks in advance...

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex gold credit limit

well just dont do it often, but its my understanding u can go online click check spending ability, and type in the amount ?  mine has risen very quickly on personal charge, went from like 5k to 40k.  which 40k is hilarious because i would never charge that much in 30 days.

Message 2 of 6
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

All Amex Charge Accounts DO NOT have a hardcoded limit

Unless Credit Department limits your account for whatever reason - and its normally just temp thing for 12 months.

No preset spending limit adjusts

It can change literally ALL THE TIME  day to day

The more you use it and larget the payments the more your 'limit' will be.  

If you know you want to make a LARGE purchases - there is a check my spending ability online and over the phone... it will come back approved or now

Also  - you may ave the pay over time feature - this has a limit

If they arent able to approve a transaction they will as for pre-payment then let the payment go thru - this will ensure you get your points... and the next time you will have no problem

Message 3 of 6
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

well just dont do it often, but its my understanding u can go online click check spending ability, and type in the amount ?  mine has risen very quickly on personal charge, went from like 5k to 40k.  which 40k is hilarious because i would never charge that much in 30 days.

Thanks for the info.

Message 4 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@tbea1004 wrote:

I would like to know if there is a way to find out what the set limit is on the Amex business gold charge card. If anyone know how to check it please let me know. Thanks in advance...

There is no "set limit", it keeps changing.

On all my Amex cards, on the web site, there's a link for "check spending ability".

You click that, put in an amount, and it tells you whether you're approved for that amount or not.

You can do it twice a day, no more.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JTC403 wrote:

All Amex Charge Accounts DO NOT have a hardcoded limit

Unless Credit Department limits your account for whatever reason - and its normally just temp thing for 12 months.

No preset spending limit adjusts

It can change literally ALL THE TIME  day to day

The more you use it and larget the payments the more your 'limit' will be.  

If you know you want to make a LARGE purchases - there is a check my spending ability online and over the phone... it will come back approved or now

Also  - you may ave the pay over time feature - this has a limit

If they arent able to approve a transaction they will as for pre-payment then let the payment go thru - this will ensure you get your points... and the next time you will have no problem

I disagree with this slightly.  It cannot have anything significant to do with payment size.  There are days when I pay off every single charge separate and they can be like 5-20 bucks each.  I know its crazy but this way I can keep track under one checking account what each and every purchase was for (seeing as how I was used to not using credit cards I missed that feature, so I pay all of my cards with my checking accounts bill pay).

Believe me, if amex based anyones limits on their average payment, my avg payment amount would be under $100 and I would not have a $35k pay over time limit, I have also keyed in $10k on check spending ability and have never spent that much on a single transaction.

I do agree with everything else u say about it adjusting, and also prepaying is a great idea!  Thank you for mentioning this.

I feel like somebody said once that there were problems with overpaying, I think the person overpayed in the thousands though, to chase, in the form of a BT, and was expecting a check to be sent to him. I dunno.  I overpayed quite  abit myself when my limits were lower.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.