cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex seems to be playing games with me and im not sure why

tag
awp17

Re: Amex seems to be playing games with me and IM not sure why

OK that makes sense. Wells Fargo is who my car loan is from so I will go check them out. Thanks! 

Message 11 of 13
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Re: Amex seems to be playing games with me and IM not sure why

Some things never change with Amex. Exactly the reason why i left them in the 90's, and swore i'd never apply for another one of their cards, and haven't!  As a business owner of over 27 years, and the business being in my family for almost 65 years, they did the same to us.  We deal directly with our local bank/credit union/business broker now.  Sorry this happened to you, and you're right, it does hurt your pride.  Amex has always left a sore spot in my mind.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 12 of 13
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex seems to be playing games with me and im not sure why

In a nutshell, be prepared to pay a little interest in the future.  Keep a wad of cash on hand to be liquid at any given moment.  Interest is just another business expense that should be taken into account when pricing a job.

Business accounts are much different than personal.  In your work, adjust for the seasonal fluctuations.  They (creditors) already know this, and they want to be sure that you do, too.  Proper management of cash makes them much more friendly (a.k.a., profitable).

"Float" some expenses for a while, carry a balance, & don't pay in full.  This is usually advice I would not give, but this is a business we're talking about here, and business credit.  In my experience, even though I had the cash to pay everything off, the more I owed, the more I got, creditwise.  It's the flow that makes a difference to the creditors.

YMMV.

Good luck with everything!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.