Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex simply cash plus approval.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex simply cash plus approval.

Got a gold card May 2nd.(1st Amex)
I'm trying to grow my aaoa so I scored a cash plus 2000 sl.(should I ask for more rn?) as my first buisness card. I'm an independent contractor (2nd job) who drives alot, and see some good use with this card, and a no real downside. Plus no hard pull hidden trade line, 5% back on my 300$ phone bill plus 3% back on gas(when not in Discover gas quarter).
726ex740tu720eq FICO, 10 percent uti, aaoa 9 months aooa-2 years.total credit limit all cards now 22,500. Income w-2 35000,Independent contractor-25000.
My goal is to score a couple subs with Citi and or boa CC's 6-12 months from now. I opened up check/savings accounts with both banks for the bonus and 2nd hoping this will help my future apps. I always wondered why buisness cards aren't spoken about so much.
Question
Am I better off in the future getting buisness cards if they have better rewards for me? I have many open personal trade lines. If I can use the card anywhere I should be looking more into business cards in the future. Let me know what you think? Ty
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DoogieBall
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex simply cash plus approval.

That was my first business card, too.  Same SL.  Tried the 61 day CLI but was rejected.  I'll try again in 6 months.

R.I.P Cards 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you like the card? I'm not so worried about my 2k spend limit since it allows you to go over limit. Would going over limit and pay right away help credit limit growth?
I figured since I got the gold last month I'd start with a lower limit plus I only have a small business ( independent contractor)ill use this card for mostly my phone bill, and gas.
I am starting to think Buisness cards are great to mix in. I was looking to get a regular 2% cash back card next but now I'm thinking I can at least get 2* membership rewards points with a 2nd amex Buisness card. Right now my only high spend category I'm working on is "everything else". I use my Quicksilver 1.5....ugh but that just aged over one year and still stuck at 500. I'm excited because getting biz cards w/o hp or reporting is like gardening on steroids 😂🤣
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was also rejected for cli. But got a 5300 SL on BBP, and next I'll go w personal everyday card, pre approval for 25k MR'S.
I just noticed we both have two cards about same limits. Not just one now
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.