Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Launches Business Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Discover it Business Card

Personally I'm tired of customer service agents giving false information. 

If you don't know the answer, simply put the customer on hold and ask someone who knows what they're talking about. 

Customer service is not rocket science. 

Message 21 of 71
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Personally I'm tired of customer service agents giving false information. 

If you don't know the answer, simply put the customer on hold and ask someone who knows what they're talking about. 

Customer service is not rocket science. 

She said it with confidence too, no delay, I was apprehensive but trusted her. 

I understand people slip up from time to time, all I want is the hard INQ removed based on the blatantly false info given. That or approval of the account would be acceptible. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 22 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Strogen wrote:

........Regardless of her being able to find the recording she will submit an investigation to their internal team and they will hopefully delete the hard inquiry.

I believe you have a better shot at removing that inquiry by flooring a DeLorean to 88mph. I've been in a similar situation with Discover two years ago; they never removed the inquiry.

Message 23 of 71
MySunrise271
Established Contributor
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It Business Card

Here's the official site: https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/business/

Who wants to app so we can see how many designs it gets Smiley LOL

Message 25 of 71
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Strogen wrote:

........Regardless of her being able to find the recording she will submit an investigation to their internal team and they will hopefully delete the hard inquiry.

I believe you have a better shot at removing that inquiry by flooring a DeLorean to 88mph. I've been in a similar situation with Discover two years ago; they never removed the inquiry.

It seems the stars have aligned! I received a letter yesterday stating they would not be removing the inquiry as it was the result of a "declined application" (duh...). 

I called in and was transferred to that department, he said he spoke with his manager about it and they would remove the INQ if they could locate the phone call recording where the rep told me I would NOT be denied for already having 2 accounts with them. The issue before was that they could not locate that phone call, as it had occured in a way that it did not show up under either account number. This time they would seach using my phone number. 

They called back today and said they would remove the inquiry, they will also send a letter stating as much. Should take about 30 days. 

Its hard to believe but Discover owned up to it. I doubt many other credit card companies would do the same. I will certainly be keeping both my cards open indefinitely. Very good customer service. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 26 of 71
egold1234
Contributor

Any data points on the new discover business card?

I run about $20k a month through my Spark card and they just won't give me a line above $15k (but $20+k lines on personal cards). My personal discover card ($19k) is going to hit a year next month so I'm thinking about apping for their new business card.

Anyone apply for one? Decent starting limits?
Message 27 of 71
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any data points on the new discover business card?

@egold1234 wrote:
I run about $20k a month through my Spark card and they just won't give me a line above $15k (but $20+k lines on personal cards). My personal discover card ($19k) is going to hit a year next month so I'm thinking about apping for their new business card.

Anyone apply for one? Decent starting limits?

Be mindful that the Business card counts towards your hard limit of 2 cards with Discover. A rep misinformed me after I asked her about this, I applied and was denied solely for already have 2 Discover cards. I was able to get the inquiry deleted after some back and forth with the Discover investigations team. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 28 of 71
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Also to add...Discover Biz card is basically a personal card. It reports to personal CRA's, and I would assume it follows any of the same standards for acquiring a personal card.
Message 29 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

I run about 20k through my Spark Business card every month.  They originally gave me a $30k limit.  After a year I applied for an increase and they only took me up to 33k.  

Six months later, fed up having to make payments early, I applied for a credit line increase and asked for 250k.  My business reports revenue of approximately ~$7,500,000.  They increased my credit line to 85k.

Capital One can increase the credit limit to meet your needs if you qualify.

Message 30 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.