cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any data points on the new discover business card?

Contributor

Any data points on the new discover business card?

I run about $20k a month through my Spark card and they just won't give me a line above $15k (but $20+k lines on personal cards). My personal discover card ($19k) is going to hit a year next month so I'm thinking about apping for their new business card.

Anyone apply for one? Decent starting limits?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any data points on the new discover business card?

@egold1234 wrote:
I run about $20k a month through my Spark card and they just won't give me a line above $15k (but $20+k lines on personal cards). My personal discover card ($19k) is going to hit a year next month so I'm thinking about apping for their new business card.

Anyone apply for one? Decent starting limits?

Be mindful that the Business card counts towards your hard limit of 2 cards with Discover. A rep misinformed me after I asked her about this, I applied and was denied solely for already have 2 Discover cards. I was able to get the inquiry deleted after some back and forth with the Discover investigations team. 

765 TU FICO.
Message 2 of 4
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Also to add...Discover Biz card is basically a personal card. It reports to personal CRA's, and I would assume it follows any of the same standards for acquiring a personal card.

Scores held down by umpteen INQ & New accounts, and a paid off loan and new loan reporting.
~~~BK7 d/c-08/2013......my rebuild worked for me, but won't necessarily work for you.~~~
Message 3 of 4
New Visitor

I run about 20k through my Spark Business card every month.  They originally gave me a $30k limit.  After a year I applied for an increase and they only took me up to 33k.  

Six months later, fed up having to make payments early, I applied for a credit line increase and asked for 250k.  My business reports revenue of approximately ~$7,500,000.  They increased my credit line to 85k.

Capital One can increase the credit limit to meet your needs if you qualify.

Message 4 of 4