cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody with <2 year old businesses managed to get CCs without PG?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody with <2 year old businesses managed to get CCs without PG?

My business has just hit the 6 month mark, has some decent tradelines already. 

I'd like to get some CCs unlinked to my personal credit. 

But seems like most banks have this PG rule if your business is under 2 years old. 

Anyone managed to get around this? Surely there's wiggle room with underwriting guidelines if the business has good credit, large tradelines reporting, significant revenue,etc

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Anybody with <2 year old businesses managed to get CCs without PG?

I have not tried to get accounts with no PG since I am not interested in store cards and am WAY too small for a corporate account. Is there a specific store card/tradeline you are interested in? 

Message 2 of 19
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

twospeakchap,

Have you looked at American Express? I got the Amazon Prime Amex with no problems.

Guyathebeach

Message 3 of 19
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

twospeakchap,

Have you looked at American Express? I got the Amazon Prime Amex with no problems.

Guyathebeach

You got an Amex with no PG??? 

Message 4 of 19
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Yes I did. I got a $40k limit. No PG. 

Guyatthebeach

Message 5 of 19
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Yes I did. I got a $40k limit. No PG. 

Guyatthebeach

wow I am impressed. Never heard of AMEX doing no pg cards that were not corporate cards. Are you sure it was no pg? Or is it just no HP because you have other AMEX cards?

Message 6 of 19
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

There was no HP on my personal SSN. I just had give them my TIN and my Duns number, and that was it. No POI, no PG, no financial statements were requested. It gets used a lot and is PIF monthly, unless I'm using the 90 day feature. 

Message 7 of 19
WayneSki
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My business has just hit the 6 month mark, has some decent tradelines already. 

I'd like to get some CCs unlinked to my personal credit. 

But seems like most banks have this PG rule if your business is under 2 years old. 

Anyone managed to get around this? Surely there's wiggle room with underwriting guidelines if the business has good credit, large tradelines reporting, significant revenue,etc

True BANK business credit cards are not linked to your personal credit,unless you default.

I dont understand why you wouldn't what to use a PG to advance your business??

You won't get far without a PG.

Message 8 of 19
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

There was no HP on my personal SSN. I just had give them my TIN and my Duns number, and that was it. No POI, no PG, no financial statements were requested. It gets used a lot and is PIF monthly, unless I'm using the 90 day feature. 

When was this? Last year when I got an Amex biz card there was no HP since I already had a personal Amex but I am positive it asked me for my ssn on the application. 

Message 9 of 19
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

I believe the no HP once you're in with Amex, but that doesn't mean it's a no PG account. I'm pretty certain that all their business cards require a personal guarantee. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.