Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for 2 Chase Business Cards at Once

tag
yowhatimean
Contributor

Applying for 2 Chase Business Cards at Once

So currently I am standing at 3 Chase credit cards (CSP, CFU, SW Plus) acquired in the last 17 months and I am an AU on one additional one in the same time period. If I apply for 2 chase business credit cards (Southwest Premier Business and Ink Business Cash), will that give me a problem with the Chase 5/24 rule? I continue to read and hear conflicting reports about this with Chase business cards. I want the second SW card so that I can combine points from both sign up bonuses to get a Companion Pass good thru 2019 (I just did the SW plus for a free CP thru 2018). And I want the Business Cash for business related purchases without an annual fee.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for 2 Chase Business Cards at Once

Not sure how the 5/24 works for business cards, but, even if it counted, you would be at 4/24 with your 3 and the AU.

People have been successful at going to the branch and getting approved for CSP/CSR even at over 5/24 and i mean way over 5/24 lol.

You could check the branch and see if any offers are available for the business cards.

Whate are your scores? balances/CL?

Message 2 of 25
yowhatimean
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure how the 5/24 works for business cards, but, even if it counted, you would be at 4/24 with your 3 and the AU.

People have been successful at going to the branch and getting approved for CSP/CSR even at over 5/24 and i mean way over 5/24 lol.

You could check the branch and see if any offers are available for the business cards.

Whate are your scores? balances/CL

I haven't checked any scores outside of Fico recently and it was around 800. Utilization is around 10-15%. Credit limits are listed in my sig.

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, saw that was on your siggy...what are your fico 8 scores? and balances on them?

Message 4 of 25
yowhatimean
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, saw that was on your siggy...what are your fico 8 scores? and balances on them?

Didn't know there was a difference lol. Please excuse my ignorance. Where do i go about finding that out?
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase business card approvals consider 5/24 during application time, but don't count towards it. So since you're at 4/24 now (with the AU), even after you apply and are approved for 2 business cards you'll still be 4/24. If you add a personal card that'll put you at 5/24 and then you'll be denied from Chase business cards for being 5/24. 

Message 6 of 25
yowhatimean
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase business card approvals consider 5/24 during application time, but don't count towards it. So since you're at 4/24 now (with the AU), even after you apply and are approved for 2 business cards you'll still be 4/24. If you add a personal card that'll put you at 5/24 and then you'll be denied from Chase business cards for being 5/24. 

Thanks so much for that info. I'll probably wait a couple months and then try to apply for both these cards at once.

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yowhatimean wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Didn't know there was a difference lol. Please excuse my ignorance. Where do i go about finding that out?

No worries, we all been there...see this post below to learn more about that. You have a score dor Transunion, Equifax and Experian.

Source

Message 8 of 25
yowhatimean
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@yowhatimean wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No worries, we all been there...see this post below to learn more about that. You have a score dor Transunion, Equifax and Experian.

Source

I guess I'll find out my score when they send me that letter in the mail for them running my credit lol.

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit check total has a 7 day trial for $1.  You can see your scores for all three (TU, EQ and EX).  Cancel before 7 days are up.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.