cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved - Chase Ink - Bigger limit than I expected

_bobby_lee
New Contributor

Approved - Chase Ink - Bigger limit than I expected

I have two personal card with Chase and was interested in the Ink Business Unlimited for my photography business. Annual revenue is about $25k at this point, and both of my personal cards with them have stingy limits of 4k and 6.5k. I applied 10 days ago and was in limbo over the weekend and was thinking it may be a denail, then got a Congratulations email but with no details. Had to wait another week until the card arrived in the mail this morning! Finally found out I was approved for $11k with 13.24% APR I am really surprised and pleased! My spend is not too high right now so I'm not sure I will make that great SUB of $750 but I'll put all my espenses on this card starting now and hope I get to it!

Cards are shown in chronological order of opening, 2014 - 2021.

Business Cards:
AMEX Blue Business Cash | $9,000 | July 2021
Wells Fargo Active Cash | $5,500 | Feb 2022
Chase Ink Business Unlimited | $11,000 | Feb 2022

Starting Score: 657
Current Score: 760 TU 748 EQ
Goal Score: 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved - Chase Ink - Bigger limit than I expected

Congratulations on your approval and nice starting limit! 

Message 2 of 20
Dinosaur
Moderator Emeritus

Good starting limit and Apr. Chase is looking favorably upon you!
Starting Score: 850
Current Score: 831 EX 834 EQ 806 TU
Goal Score: 850

Message 3 of 20
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your Chase Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 4 of 20
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!! That's a great starting limit!!

Bold are regularly used for spending
AOD Visa Signature | Curve Card | X1 Credit Card | Target REDcard | Navy Federal More Rewards | PenFed Platinum Rewards
AMEX: Schwab Platinum | Platinum | Gold | Green | 3 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
BofA: Premium Rewards | 2 x Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards | Alaska Airlines Business
Citi AAdvantage Executive | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | FNBO Evergreen Business | GM Business Card
Apple Card | PenFed Gold | Capital One Platinum | Capital One QuicksilverOne
Message 5 of 20
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Niiiice! Congrats!

US Bank Altitude Go 18.1k | Chase Ink Unlimited 10K | Chase Freedom Unlimited 18.5k | Chase Freedom 11.7k | American Express Gold NPSL | American Express Bonvoy Brilliant 22.5k | American Express Bonvoy Business 20k | American Express Amazon Business Prime 10k | American Express Blue Business Plus 20k | Citi AAdvantage Executive Card 14.1K | Citibusiness AAdvantage 11.9k | Citi Double Cash 15k | Barclays Aviator Red 24.3K

Fico 8s as of 05/01/2022:
Message 6 of 20
AceTen
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your new Ink card and fat approval! That's awesome! Thanks very much for sharing the data points as I would love to have the INK.

I am always sweating the signatures around here to see what limits people have on various cards to get an idea of what limit I may get if I apply for those cards. I rarely see INKs over 10k. A few highrollers have 25k or 50k but not many that I have seen. Just to give an example, I have 3 personal chase cards, all above 10k, and I would be over the moon to get approved for the INK, even at 3k or 5k! So you did very well, in my opinion. Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 20
Conceptual23
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Starting FICO 8s | 06/2018: EX 601 ✦ EQ 605 ✦ TU 590
Current FICO 8s | 1/2022: EX 667 ✦ EQ 704✦ TU 700
2022 Goal Score: 750

Message 8 of 20
AceTen
Regular Contributor

Sorry for the second reply and congrats again.  I forgot to ask... Was this your first business card? Do you have any other business credit. Thanks in advance.

Message 9 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@_bobby_lee wrote:

I have two personal card with Chase and was interested in the Ink Business Unlimited for my photography business. Annual revenue is about $25k at this point, and both of my personal cards with them have stingy limits of 4k and 6.5k. I applied 10 days ago and was in limbo over the weekend and was thinking it may be a denail, then got a Congratulations email but with no details. Had to wait another week until the card arrived in the mail this morning! Finally found out I was approved for $11k with 13.24% APR I am really surprised and pleased! My spend is not too high right now so I'm not sure I will make that great SUB of $750 but I'll put all my espenses on this card starting now and hope I get to it!

Yeah, before I got to the end of your post I was asking myself 'how is OP going to hit 7500 spend?"  Smiley Happy Good luck with that. Maybe prepay some bills, or use Plastiq or similar to make non-credit-card payments. And I would advise talking to Chase to make sure you know exactly  when the 3 months begins and ends. And one thing I've always wondered about is whether the charge counts as of the transaction date or the posting date; these little details could make a difference in this case, since you'll probably be cutting it close. I don't think Chase would cut you any slack if you missed the SUB deadline by 3 days.

Total revolving limits 699000 (597000 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 732 TU 721 EX 698

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.