Did you mean: 

Approved - Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite Business Mastercard®

tag
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Approved - Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite Business Mastercard®

Approved after recon.

6/10 - Applied

6/12 - Found out I was denied by checking online application status.

6/14 - Received letter, called business line @ 866-408-4064

Denied for the following reasons:

- Serious Delinquency (few years ago)

- Length of time accounts have been established (I have a decent credit history, AAoA roughly 5-6 years)

- Proportion of loan balances to loan amount is too high (mortgage)

- Too few accounts currently paid as agreed (all the accounts on my profile are paid in full, no current charge offs, only a late auto loan that happened a few years ago)

I called Barclays today and spoke with a friendly CSR. He first verified my information to confirm my identity and told me that I was denied. He asked me if I wanted to do an immediate reconsideration and I said yes. He verified my nature of my business, business revenue, how long I have been in business, my other source of income, job title, how long I have been employed by that employer, and how long I have been in business. After a very quick hold, he said I have been handling my credit well and he can change my status to approved.

CL: $2000 (not the greatest but I have seen much worse)

SUB:

• Receive up to 70,000 bonus miles

Earn 60,000 after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days, and earn an additional 10,000 miles when a purchase is made on an employee card.2

Pretty nice SUB and I intend on going back to Hawaii. Pretty happy with the quick and easy approval process today.

6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Approved - Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite Business Mastercard®

Very nicely done.  It may be $2K, but an approval nonetheless!  So, they didn't grill you on any recently opened accounts or inquiries in the past 12 months?  If not, then you got a very 'flexible' underwriter!

Message 2 of 7
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Very nicely done.  It may be $2K, but an approval nonetheless!  So, they didn't grill you on any recently opened accounts or inquiries in the past 12 months?  If not, then you got a very 'flexible' underwriter!

What's odd is they denied me on my last 3 applications (despite having a Barclays Uber card) and grilled me each time on those. I suppose a number of things could be true. I'm just speculating here, either enough time has passed, underwriting criteria may have loosened, or I could have had a very flexible underwriter. A bunch of different ideas pop in my head, I'm just happy to get the approval.

Message 3 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Good to know!  Yes, the approval and SUB is what counts.  Enjoy your new biz card!

Message 4 of 7
bizcredit11
Frequent Contributor

@randomguy1 Congrats on your persistance. 

HA business Barclays specifically is definitely stingy. i do not think it is a very good card. I have the personal and it offers very little. 

Got the sub years ago and I have been building points ever since to explore New Zealand and Australia. Hawaii is good, but it's not all that much.

Barclays needs to improve to become more competitive in the business as well as consumer market.

All the best @randomguy1 

bizcredit11

Message 5 of 7
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Business Mastercard approval. Great that you requested a recon!!! Smiley Happy

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 6 of 7
manbuckets
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your Hawaiian Airlines approval!

Current Cards/Loans:
Future Cards:
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.