cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for second Chase Ink Preferred!

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Approved for second Chase Ink Preferred!

Well I wasn't expecting that. I've been using a Chase Ink Preferred and Chase Ink Cash for one business for a couple of years. I put about $5k/month through the Ink Preferred and pay in full each month. The Ink Cash is carrying a 0% balance transfer of $10k.

I have a separate business that has 4 W2 employees and with the demise of the Amex SPG coming in August, I've been wanting to switch the $10k/month spend for that business from the SPG to a Chase card.

I decided to try for a second Chase Ink Preferred. With both the Ink cards for my other business, approval took quite a while, had to provide supporting documents etc. Applied and got the 30-day message. Oh well, I thought. Logged in the next day and a new Ink Preferred showed up under my business checking, with a $28k limit and not so much as a phone call.

Between the two businesses a lot of the spend is on travel, so looking forward to earning lots of UR points!

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Approved for second Chase Ink Preferred!

Nice approval!! Congrats on the 2nd Ink!!
Message 2 of 8
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Did you have to supply a separate EIN? Im looking to do the same except for a subsidiary under my main company.  The subsidiary has its own EIN.  Any info would be great. Thanks. 

Message 4 of 8
yowhatimean
Contributor

Congrats! I got a letter in the mail today saying I had too much credit out for my business card already. So I had to call recon to get them to transfer CL to the new card. They approved me so now I'm good to go.

Message 5 of 8
CreditJim
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!  Did you have to supply a separate EIN? Im looking to do the same except for a subsidiary under my main company.  The subsidiary has its own EIN.  Any info would be great. Thanks. 

Yes, the second company had its own EIN. It also has an established relationship with Chase - we use it for the business checking for that business so they presumably can see the turnover, and the payments going to Amex at the moment!

It was strange for a couple of reasons, I recently applied and was approved for the personal Marriott, and they automatically moved $5k from one of my other personal cards to open it, so I thought I was at my max exposure with Chase. And the first business that already has 2 Ink cards has a total of $45k credit between them, so I was really surprised to have this account open with a $28k and no questions.

I'm wondering if I'll get the sign up bonus again. From the little I can find online, a separate EIN does sound like it gets the SUB again. But if it doesn't then I wanted to switch to this card anyway.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditJim wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, the second company had its own EIN. It also has an established relationship with Chase - we use it for the business checking for that business so they presumably can see the turnover, and the payments going to Amex at the moment!

It was strange for a couple of reasons, I recently applied and was approved for the personal Marriott, and they automatically moved $5k from one of my other personal cards to open it, so I thought I was at my max exposure with Chase. And the first business that already has 2 Ink cards has a total of $45k credit between them, so I was really surprised to have this account open with a $28k and no questions.

I'm wondering if I'll get the sign up bonus again. From the little I can find online, a separate EIN does sound like it gets the SUB again. But if it doesn't then I wanted to switch to this card anyway.

Awesome. That’s a great way to scale up quickly since you’re getting more access to capital especially since they provided you a totally separate line. I’m looking to do the same with the Sams Club MasterCard I have with no pg. I’m hoping the subs can piggyback off the credit from my parent company. 

Message 7 of 8
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

It certainly helps if you have a Chase biz checking account for the business.  But Chase is very serious on openning a biz bank account.  It is much harder than openning a CC account.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.