Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User Card won't work on Apple Pay

tag
JakeRogue
Valued Member

Authorized User Card won't work on Apple Pay

I have a Chase Business Ink Cash Card and I added my wife as an authorized user. For some reason she can't add her card to Apple Pay. Is there anything obvious or simple I'm missing after adding her as an authorized user so she can add her card to Apple Pay?

FICO 8 October 2022 - EQ: 783 EX: 743 TU: 756
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Authorized User Card won't work on Apple Pay

My understanding is that while some people have reported success recently and Chase even sent out an email to some users in February, business cards may still not be fully supported in mobile wallets.  I would have chalked it up to possibly being because the cards share the same number, but apparently while personal AU cards are identical in regard to the card number, business products do have unique numbers.  Perhaps the ability to add business AU cards to mobile wallets has not been enabled yet?  Do you have the primary card added to yours?

Message 2 of 5
JakeRogue
Valued Member

Yep my business card was added to Apple Pay no problem. 

FICO 8 October 2022 - EQ: 783 EX: 743 TU: 756
Message 3 of 5
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I know Chase only recently allowed adding business cards to digital payments like Apple Pay and Samsung Pay but there still seem to be some hiccups. Also, I don't know if those digital payment networks allow AU cards to added especially since in Chase's case AU cards have the same number as the primary

Message 4 of 5
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston, looks like you beat me to it lol

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.