Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BARCLAY AA AVIATOR BUSINESS WEMC APPROVED! 12,000SL

tag
titancylinder
Regular Contributor

BARCLAY AA AVIATOR BUSINESS WEMC APPROVED! 12,000SL

Hello Myficoers,  

I went through an ordeal with my Barclays Business AA card. I almost gave up because honestly, I don't really like Barclay's personal lending side. I'm glad I didn't.... I posted about the denial in my Sam's Club Business MasterCard Approval thread.

I thought I would create an approval post for my AAdvantage Aviator World Elite Business Mastercard given the extra things I went through instead of posting it in my Sams Approval. This was not an instant approval. In fact, it was an instant denial. Barclay said I would receive a letter in the mail for the reason for the decline. Well, turns out, it wasn't a decline at all. It was a request for more information. 

At first, I thought to myself, I would just ignore it and let it expire. But, I started thinking, I already wasted the TU HP. Why not see what they wanted? I called them, turns out, they needed verification documents for my bis address, personal address, EIN documents, and articles of organization (I concealed my identity by using my lawyer to create the business). I tried faxing the requested docs, but their fax machine was down. So I early overnighted the documents to them....heard crickets for like 7 days. Then I called back, turns out the underwriters came back requesting bank statements showing my addresses. .... At this point, I am frustrated. Fortunately, I got those faxed in. After that, I received a call from them asking about my personal physical address (I have a few on my report). I answered those questions, and then she paused...... You're approved but it's got to back to a senior underwriter for final signoff. 

At that point, I politely asked if she could expedite the card to me because I have a project coming up and wanted to use the card ( I waited 20 days for approval). She said she'd ask a manager and we hung up.

A few hours later I checked the online applications portal for business customers and found my credit limit to be 12k. 

DPs at the time of App:

TU08 777

Revolving debt: 3% of 100k (less than 0.1% now) 

HPs on TU including Barclays: 4 all this year. 1 Auto (NFCU) 

The moral of the story is don't give up until you get that letter!  To the garden now until 8/2025 (hopefully). 

2023-08-31_15-21-27_Barclay.png

Titancylinder

Coming Soon
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: BARCLAY AA AVIATOR BUSINESS WEMC APPROVED! 12,000SL

That's being diligent, congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 6
titancylinder
Regular Contributor

@JoeRockhead wrote:

That's being diligent, congratulations on your approval!

Thank you! I told them I've never had to jump through so many hoops for a credit card in my life! She apologized. Not her fault. 

Coming Soon
Message 3 of 6
ADMYFIC0
Valued Member

Great story. Congratulations!

Message 4 of 6
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

This is not the first time I've heard about having to jump through hoops on their business side.  However, I'm glad you're persistency paid off!

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 5 of 6
titancylinder
Regular Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

This is not the first time I've heard about having to jump through hoops on their business side.  However, I'm glad you're persistency paid off!

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Must be the normal for those British folks! Thank you so much! 

Coming Soon
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.