Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T Approved WOW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BB&T Approved WOW

Hey if you don't mind me asking when you opened the brand new bb&t business checking account how much did you deposit?  I have heard certain business credit lines can come from your acct balance.

Message 11 of 13
mikeef
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey if you don't mind me asking when you opened the brand new bb&t business checking account how much did you deposit?  I have heard certain business credit lines can come from your acct balance.

I was a part of this thread on the first page a few months back, since then I applied and was approved.

Here are my DPs...

• Approved For $15k - BB&T Business Reward Visa
  • Florida LLC created in 11/2020
  • Applied in Florida Branch 7/2021
  • Pulled Equilfax - FICO 8 was 787 at the time of pull
  • Personal had about 17% utilization Rate
  • Setup Business Checking first on the same appointment with only $100 deposit
  • Was instantly pre-approved, but had to wait 3 days for the CL, but she told me I was definitely approved because the pre-approval included the exact interst rate instead of a rate range, which was the lowest for this card of 13.9% APR (I think)
  • Company had zero tradelines or even an DB, Experian or Equifax for Business Profile
  • I told her I had no done no business and can only make project revenue of $150k in the first year
  • I can't remember for sure, but I think they asked my personal income, I always say $10-12k/mn, it seems avoid doc requests

Good and Bad News

• Banker said I could do balance transfers, but they changed the terms on the account the same week I got the card and removed BTs
  • The bad news is they officially changed to Truist this week, so possibly different underwriting guildlines now
  • The good news is the banker told me because BB&T retained 53% of the company, BB&T was already operating under the new system and their products were going to stay with only name changes and Suntrust's product line was being phased out. 
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

so they pre approve you in the branch and you applied for one card or two?

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.