Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Compass Bank Secured Business Credit Cards

tag
QueenofReinvention
Contributor

BBVA Compass Bank Secured Business Credit Cards

I am constantly on the prowl for (good) business banks that have secured credit cards, as a lot of them that did have these products, got rid of them during the banking/mortgage meltdown.

I know a lot of people are predominantly looking to secure a business credit card with no personal guarantee; and while that would be fantastic, I don't think we'll see that for a LONG, LONG time, if ever again. SO, in lieu of that, for those of us who are rebuilding our credit (for whatever reasons) and are in need of business accounts to maintain the division between business & personal accounts, I think the secured business credit cards are a good option. Plus, while I haven't contacted BBVA Compass Bank yet, I'm hopeful that if I do decide to obtain this credit card, this will go a long ways towards me building my business credit, and perhaps at some point it may unsecure. Regardless, I am excited to see a product like this from a (semi) reputable bank...I say that with a bit of sarcasm, as I don't believe most banking institutions are reputable Smiley Happy

Mods, if I can't input this link, please remove: http://www.bbvacompass.com/business/lending/credit-card/business-secured-card.jsp

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Project17
New Contributor

Re: BBVA Compass Bank Secured Business Credit Cards

I agree.. These secured cards are very hard to find and very very few exist.. I think we will see more of these as banks catch to the fact that businesses actually want these.

but I'm surprised to see they only give you 90% of the deposit as a credit line!

Message 2 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I see no problem with the link.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 7
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for sharing that.  I might consider this.  I've been in business one year and the problem I seem to be having with business credit is them telling me to reapply after I've been open two years.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 4 of 7
Project17
New Contributor

Time in business is important but you can over come that with nice thick trades reporting..

Message 5 of 7
QueenofReinvention
Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

Thanks! I'm still new here, so I'm not sure what's acceptable or not to link to, so it's best to ask for removal if necessary!

I'm appreciating the board, and learning so much!

Message 6 of 7
QueenofReinvention
Contributor

Hmmm, don't know why that quote was doubled. Smiley Embarassed

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.