Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP UNIVERSAL FLEET MASTERCARD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BP UNIVERSAL FLEET MASTERCARD

Hello All-

This is one card that I did get approved for...However, I'm confused...Some are saying that you can use it anywhere that accepts Mastercard, others are saying you can only use it for fuel and maintenance...If anyone has this card, could you please explain how it works and tell me where I can and cannot use it. Thanks in advance for the information! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
redneck18
Contributor

Re: BP UNIVERSAL FLEET MASTERCARD

You can only use it for gas and SOME maintenance. I say some because it depends on the merchant, if they are connected to their network. I have found places it wouldn't work, some independent gas stations in the boonies for example.
Message 2 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Im going to go out on a limb here and say that if it has a MC logo, it can be used anywhere MC is accepted. You could use it somewhere else and test it, or call the CS and ask.

Message 3 of 7
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Generally fleet fuel cards like this are restricted to certain MCC’s... I’d be pretty darn sure that you won’t be able to use it at WalMart or McDonalds for example
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 7
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Thanks for asking this question!

I was approved on 1/11 for it and had the same questions!!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 5 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

it is a terrible card and backed by a terrible company... BE VERY careful as late fees are like $75 and it's next to impossible to speak with someone with a brain cell of what is happening and trying to get something fixed takes an act of god and that's after they have your money so it's even less likely to happen... There is a thread from like 3+ years ago somewhere of me talking about this... it wasn't until I sent certified correspondents with the threat of legal action that anything happened.

And NO you can't use the card basically anywhere but gas despite that it's a MC... WORTHLESS!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It can be opened up but it depends on your rep and Biz Credit. The BuilderPro card is the best account to have and it can be opened up to be used anywhere a MC can be used. The best way to go is to find a Territory Manager and they can unstrict the MCC codes. Fleetcor isn't that bad as they were years ago IMHO. There have been hiccups but my rep has handled everything for me including my credit limit increases.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.